Wonder what a quality web hosting will actually cost you? You might be surprised to learn that it can be quite inexpensive. But no matter what you pay, if you're a business, you need a cheap hosting website.
No one turns to the Yellow Pages anymore to find a product or service in their area. Instead, they turn to the Internet. A Google search for Chinese food restaurants in your area turns up a neat little map complete with pushpins. Hover over those pushpins and you'll see the address and telephone number, allowing you to call ahead and make reservations or place an order for pickup. If your Chinese food restaurant doesn't have a web presence, you're truly missing out.
Quality Web Hosting: The Problem With Free And Dirt Cheap
Sure, you could go with a free web hosting provider, but it's probably not the best idea you've ever had. These types of web hosting providers do come with a price in the form of ads for their service placed on your website. You have no say in where they're placed or how they appear, and nine times out of ten, visitors to your site will be turned off by them.
It is possible to find a quality web hosting! Sure, there are some that offer little value for you, the webmaster, especially if you haven't the slightest clue about HTML. Though that $3 per month price tag sounds appealing, it comes with the added cost of your time and your sanity.
Quality Web Hosting and Cheap Web Hosting In One
If you spend just a little bit more, even $10 per month, you can find a great cheap hosting company. It's worth the extra money, and here's why:
- More bandwidth and disk space. You don't need to worry about your site being extremely slow from an increase in traffic, and you don't need to limit what you post to your site.
- Useful control panels and templates to help you design your site, even if you don't have the slightest clue how to write HTML. Often times, these cheap hosting providers offer a free shopping cart and checkout, blog, and more.
- Customer service that is available at any time, on any day, when you need them, not just Monday through Friday 9-5.
- Available and responsive tech support. Again, available at all hours at any time you need them. You'll need to do some research into response time, but it's worth it when you know that problems are dealt with as soon as possible rather than a day or two down the road.
- Uptime guarantees. Now, don't get carried away. You can't guarantee someone 100% uptime. Just not possible. 99.9% is good! Just research their practices in the event of something like power outage or hurricane. Are there generators? How long does downtime historically last for that company?
- Security is key. Is data encrypted? Are the servers located in locked, highly secure areas? Are they monitored 24-7? What about firewalls and anti-malware and anti-virus software?
A free hosting company just won't offer all of this and quality web hosting, and neither will a low-quality cheap hosting provider. At the end of the day, your website will bring added profits to your business. Isn't it worth it to spend a bit extra to ensure it's successful as quality web hosting?