VPS Hosting – VPS vs Cloud Hosting
With VPS, the physical servers are shared amongst clients, but individual virtual space is completely isolated. The result is that of a dedicated server too.
Features of Virtualization – VPS vs Cloud Hosting
- Access to enterprise-ready system.
- Allows the clients to reduce their infrastructure spend on standard hardware and administrative time.
- Instant access to the easy-to-use central management interface, flexible backup and restore options.
Benefits VPS hosting – VPS Hosting vs Cloud Hosting
- As compared to shared hosting, where all the clients on the same server affect each other. The VPS partitions on the server isolates from the other. Hence, the client has full control over his own server space. If there is a problem on a website or experiencing heavy traffic, the other websites remain completely unaffected.
- VPS offers all the flexibility and independence at much lower cost.
- The client can install any desired software because they have full root control.
- Dedicated IP address provided
- VPS hosting ensures that you get a particular volume of disk space, bandwidth, and memory. And, thus, the overall performance is better.
- Safe and secure option due to virtualization.
Cloud Hosting – VPS vs Cloud Hosting
This kind of hosting service does not rely on a single server. Rather uses a network of servers, which might be at different locations, to create cloud servers. So, website fed by a pool of resources (RAM, CPU, Storage, and bandwidth), adjusted in real time.
Advantages of Cloud hosting
- Cloud hosting dynamically serves the changing needs of various websites and resources allocated in real time. There is automatic scalability. In a time of high traffic of visitors on your website, you get additional servers/resources. Also, in times of low traffic, you scale down and do not have redundant resources.
- If you are dependent on a single server, your website too will go down when failure happens. But if using a cloud hosting service, the other servers readily available to the keep website going.
- This type of service is based on ‘pay-per-use’ model and you pay only for what you use. This, in turn, is cost effective. Normally there is no setup fee or administrative fee involved either.
- Cloud hosting offers more flexibility and freedom with efficiency and minimum costs.
- Secure and reliable as the website data tends to be stored in machines in different locations or data centers. Almost all the hosting service providers that extend cloud-hosting services have 24×7 customer support, which can be vital.
- The system runs on the latest version with the proper patches in place.
In Comparison Conclusion
The basic difference between VPS hosting and cloud hosting:
- The VPS offers a single divided server. While cloud hosting offers a “cloud” of the server connected together and acts as one.
- VPS hosting has physically less hardware involved, so it is cheaper.
The best way to choose is to first define the requirements of your website. Then finally, go ahead with VPS Hosting or Cloud Hosting.