“SSH” denotes ‘Secure Shell Hosting,' which tends to be reserved for hosting providers and network IT teams. Technically-speaking, SSH is a cryptographic network protocol which is used to provide secure data transfer, remote command-line log-in and other secure network services amongst two parties: server and client. In simpler terms, SSH can be defined as a form of safe data transfer between sender and receiver. It is designed for more security and it replaced Telnet, Berkeley RSH and REXEC protocol.
SSH can be accessed through two ways. One way is through automatic generated public-private key (to lock or encrypt networks and then use it after password authentication). The second way is through manually generated public-private key (to authenticate some users and programs without any specified password protection).
Why SSH Access is preferable and Important
Security is always a big issue when it comes to web hosting – especially with Linux web hosting. The concern with Linus is much bigger because Linux is preferable amongst hosting providers. SSH access provides a high security level between server and client network, and data is transferred more securely in this manner. Bonus: hackers tend to shy away from SSH encryption. Let's take a look at some of the best hosting companies that offer SSH access.
Top 5 Hosting Companies with SSH Access
|Hosting Review||Server Location | Price||Visit Site|
|Orem, UT, US
Price : $4.95 /month
|Scottsdale, AZ, US
Price : $2.99 /month
There are several hosting companies providing SSH access. The best ones in this group are as follows:
1. Host Monster: Host Monster provides services starting at $5.95 a month. In addition, this company provides customer support to their customers through their 24/7 toll free calling and on-line chat.
2. Blue Host: Blue Host thrives when it comes to support, and the company has even won awards for customer service, which is provided for 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, through live chat, through email support and through toll free calling as well.
3. 1&1 Hosting : this company offers dual hosting, which means you can operate your website from two locations and two different data centers simultaneously.
4. Host Gator: Host Gator is well known for the company's shared and reseller hosting services. Currently, Host Gator operates more than 2,500,000 domains.
5. Go Daddy : GoDaddy provides all kinds of hosting related services including: domain registration, web hosting, email service, virtual and dedicated servers and other business solutions.
Secure shell Hosting (SSH) is a requirement of today's customers, and many hosting companies also prefer SSH because it provides high security through encryption. Hackers shy away from this type of hosting, it is affordable, and all of the companies listed above offer SSH package options. In short, you can't go wrong if you choose one of the five top SSH companies listed above. Got questions? Need help? We are here for you! Just ask!