Social Media: Effective Marketing For Your Web Hosting Company
Social media marketing is fast becoming the best way to reach potential clients and keep current customers in the loop about new products and services (effective marketing). If you are a web hosting company, it is just as important to integrate social media into your marketing strategy as with any other company.
Social Media: Effective Marketing
- Be sure you fill out as much information about your business as you can on the “About” tab. People interested in your web hosting services might be using your Facebook business page to find out a little bit more about you, so you want to make sure you are offering up all the information you can about what you do.
- Be mindful of what you're posting. You don't want to offend anyone, possibly turning customers away before they even contact you.
- Engage fans in conversation (effective marketing). Post interesting topics, and ask questions like “what do you think?” When people comment on your posts, their friends are able to see the discussion, which in turn can lead to new “likers.” The more people are communicating with you, the more people are looking at your page!
- Offer special discounts or promotions just for Facebook fans. In similar fashion, creating promotions where people have to share a post you've put up can lead to an increase in followers. Facebook allows you to determine who sees these promotional posts — whether anyone can see it, or if you have to first “like” your page.
- Try to make your fans feel like they are special to you (effective marketing). Let them get to know you as people whenever possible, and thank them often! The more they get to know you, the more comfortable they become when it comes time to choose a web hosting company.
- If a customer has an issue or question posted on your Facebook page, respond as swiftly as you can (effective marketing). This shows that your company responds to issues in a timely fashion, and demonstrates you care for them.
Social Media: Effective Marketing Twitter :
This is a great avenue for sharing blog posts and articles that relate to your web hosting business. However, there are two things to keep in mind.
- Tweet more than just links. There is a large number of professionals who stop following another Twitter account because they send out nothing but links (effective marketing). It can get to feel spammy, so just like Facebook, try to get your followers to engage with you with interesting questions.
- Just as with Facebook, you can offer Twitter follower-only specials and discounts. This is a great way to keep and grow your followers.
Social Media: Effective Marketing, Other Considerations
So you've gotten yourself a social media account for your web hosting business. Great! Now, how to maximize its effectiveness as a marketing tool. Studies have shown that people would rather read business emails sent to their personal email accounts on the weekend. Why? Probably because this is when the pace slows down and they have the time to dedicate to reading individual emails (effective marketing). During the week, they are more likely to skim through subjects and trash what isn't appealing. The same can be said for social media. It has been discovered that people are more likely to re-tweet a tweet or share an interesting Facebook status or link around 4 in the afternoon. Why? Those studied said that's when less and less is posted in their feed, and they are able to focus on actually reading the tweets. The most important thing you can do is to stay ahead of the trends in social media. Try to jump on the next Facebook before it takes off, and you are ahead of your competitors.