Create a Landing Page
Landing pages are a necessity if you want to successfully attract new clients. Even cheap hosting websites need a landing page. Not having one is like not hanging an ‘open' sign-in front of a store – just not a good idea. So, how does a landing page for a cheap hosting site differ from a landing page for another type of business? Let's take a closer look.
Elements of a Landing Page
Here's what you need to think about when creating a landing page for your web hosting site.
- What audience are you trying to reach? Narrow this down as much as possible.
- What is your call to action? Or, in other words, what do you want the people visiting your site to do?
- Is your call to action easily accessible? Did you place a button or a form in a quick and simple fashion? Is it easy to get people to do what you want them to do?
- Did you point out all the benefits of signing up for one of your hosting packages? If you are running a cloud hosting site, have you made it clear why cloud is different?
- Did you clearly post images that convey your message in a clean and organized manner?
These are the first things that you should think about when you are creating a landing page. What's next? You have to design it and put it out – easier said than done!
The Hosting Site Competition
In one word, competition in the hosting world is: brutal. Do yourself a favor and design a site that's not like the rest. Most hosting sites are full of colors, logos, text, and other bits that can really crowd a page. Try the minimalist route, that might make your site really stand out.
You'll also have to spend time working on your sales efforts. Where are you going to get your leads? What sites will you target to find leads? How will you research this information? All of these things are vital to the health of your site, and all of these things should be carefully considered and added to your business plan before you open up shop.
What happens if you start to advertise before all of your pages are set up? You may find one or two leads, but most of the people that visit your site will simply turn away – that's not a good thing! Why? Because once people leave, they hardly ever return to a site.
So, set up your cheap hosting landing page properly, make sure the rest of your site makes sense, and start working on perfecting your package offerings. It takes a lot to get a site off the ground, but it will be easier if you carefully plan and take those baby steps.
Need help starting a cheap hosting site? Need some help figuring out a landing page setup? Just let us know – we are the cheap hosting, cloud hosting, and other hosting experts.