Hosting Review SiteValley
Hosting Review SiteValley – Company Overview
Key Selling Points
- A reliable provider of Cheap Web Hosting Services
Services Offered: Shared hosting, VPS hosting, Dedicated Servers hosting, Newbie hosting and unmanaged VPS hosting
O.S Offered: CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, Gentoo and Slackware
Other Services Offered
- SSL certificates
- control panels such as Webuzo, DirectAdmin, cPanel or Plesk
Data Center: US and France
The company connects with multiple network connectivity data centers by using multiple high capacity lines.
Hosting Review SiteValley – Customers
Target Customers: Small, medium and large scale organizations
What for Customers?
- Hosting services offered on latest hardware
- The company data center provides State of the art IP architecture. It ensures routing, reliable networks, maximum security, robust infrastructure and redundant switching.
- A network is built to adjust high availability demands of e-commerce websites and applications.
- Deliver secure and dependable hosting solutions, for data privacy.
- Reliable, stable and scalable hosting plans
- The company ensures regular backups to prevent accidental deletion or hacking instances
Support: 24.7.365 friendly support via chat, phone, and email
Money-back Guarantee: 30-days
Hosting Review SiteValley – Latest News
- Software update scheduled for 12th July 2015, from 12.00-1.00 (GMT). This maintenance will influence OpenVZ carrier usvz04. Estimated time does not exceed 60 minutes.
- SiteValley has scheduled its site maintenance on July, 19th 2015 from 4.00-5.00am (GMT). Live chat option will not be available during these times. However, users can use-mail and ticket system for support issues.
The worst hosting I ever used
Sitevalley is definately the WORST hosting I have ever used. They do not provide professional services.
The speed of the websites is very slow and running scripts on the database is nearly impossible due to the slowness.
They block your account based on nothing.
When asking for service, they are not willing (or able?) to help.
Any call to technical support takes a long time to get an answer, even if it is something that is preventing their service from being supplied.
It looks like they have no respect for their customers.
The claim is that the account is “Unmetered”, but as soon as you start using it they start refering to the general conditions that prove it is definately not unmetered and they -again- block your account.
This is the part from their general conditions that prove it is not UNMETERED:
10.2. Disk Usage Provision for Shared Hosting Accounts
[…] The following disc space limitations for different file types are also applicable: NO more than 5,000 MB of a shared hosting account can be allocated to music, video or other multimedia files including but not limited to .avi, .mp3, .mpeg, .jpg, .gif files; NO more than 5,000 MB of a shared hosting account can be allocated to any archive files and disk images files containing the complete contents and structure of a data storage medium; NO more than 5,000 MB of a Linux shared hosting account can be allocated to databases including but not limited to .sql files, databases dumps; NO more than 5,000 MB of a Linux shared hosting account can be allocated to Executable files and all other files which are the result of compiling a program.