Hosting Review OVH
Company Introduction – Hosting Review OVH
Key Selling Points – Hosting Review OVH
- A global provider of the hyperscale cloud.
- Third largest infrastructure cloud provider in the world based on physical services.
- Topmost and cheapest VPS and dedicated server provider
- The company designs and builds its servers and owns thousands of miles of fiber globally. It manages the entire supply chain for web hosting
- Offer an infrastructure-as-a-service using bare-metal cloud and hosted private cloud products
- No. 1 web hosting company in France and second-largest in Europe.
- Recommended for its CMS, e-commerce, flexible control panel, hosting options and reliance.
- By default customers, websites encrypted with free SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) authorized by the open-source Let’s Encrypt authority. It is provided as a part of standard web hosting packages.
- The ISO 27001 certification, attributed to the OVH Private Cloud
- 27 data centers in 19 countries
- more than 260,000 servers in 11 countries. Data centers located in Poland, Warsaw
Services Offered – Hosting Review OVH
VPS Solutions, dedicated servers, shared and cloud hosting, domain registration, and VoIP or xDSL services, Public Cloud service, dedicated infrastructure
Enterprise Dedicated Cloud
- Built on the foundation of VMware's software-defined data center and the latest generation of Intel hardware
- It offers physically-isolated, single-tenant cloud environments for enterprise workloads
- one-click, user-controlled provisioning. Enterprise can add and remove resources as need changes.
VPS Classic: on Linux, with 64-bit OpenVZ virtualization. It features 1- 4 vCore CPU, 1 – 8GB RAM, 10 – 100GB RAID 10 hard drive, up to 10TB data transfer. Also, 1 IPv4 and 1 IPv6 IP address KVM, RESTful API, default web control panel, full root access. Furthermore, unlimited reboot and reinstallation at any time and weekly backup.
VPS Cloud: on both Linux and Windows
- HDS certification (for hosting health data) and PCI DSS (obligatory for managing any banking data).
GPU on Virtual Cloud Desktop for using high-performance graphics applications.
- Open sourcing of OVH tools (customer Control Panel, virtual assistant, CDS, OVH Labs), in a drive for continuous improvement
Hosting Review OVH – Customers
No. of Customers: 1.2 million customers in 138 countries
Target Customers: Developers, SME's, Enterprises
What about Customers?
- Powerful, competitive and flexible plans. The company offers businesses a benchmark for value and performance
- high-performance servers for handling critical data
- Services protected by physical and logical security systems, including the company's anti-DDoS system. Security: New authentication level, the YubiKey, based on the FIDO U2F
- Stable connections, the users face low latency rates.
- The data center uses the air-and-water cooling system, instead of air-conditioning. Thus, reducing energy cost and translates into lower hosting cost.
- Security includes 24-hour backup and snapshots along with data monitoring and reports.
- No binding and long-term contracts to restrain customers to select and choose the best provider.
- Provides simple, powerful tools for businesses
- Support companies looking for a flexible and scalable infrastructure based on the public, private or hybrid solution
- Open Cloud Vision: The company committed to open cloud that respects both data and customers
- Hybrid Cloud (HCX) technology Allows customers to use “hot” migration of virtual machines from one datacentre to another or even from their infrastructure, without any service interruptions.
Support: 24.7.365 with 5 minutes response time through phone and email
Money-Back Guarantee: – (NA)
Latest News – Hosting Review OVH
- (November 20, 2017) Announced new hosted private cloud offerings with significantly enhanced cloud workload flexibility and portability
- (September 11, 2017) Cloud Provider OVH takes on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud platform to enter in the US
- (August 10, 2017) Launched Public Cloud service in Warsaw, based on the provider's external infrastructure, encompassing computing power and disk space with on-demand services. An hourly billing option offered, starting at EUR 0.056 an hour-plus VAT. Compatible with OpenStack technologies, the service allows fast and automatic migration. It would broaden the products range of dedicated servers and VPS SSD.
- (April 2017) Acquired vCloud Air business from VMware. It would enable company's entry into the US market.
- OVH will be investing $47 million to establish its first U.S. data center. Also, North American headquarters, in Fauquier County, Va.
- The company has set up shop in Equinix's Sydney data center.
- OVH is gearing up to launch its first availability zone in Sydney, Australia.
- It has set up an office in Melbourne and Singapore in one of Telstra's new data centers.