Essential Tips For Starting a Blog
Blogging is something that comes with writing territory these days. Most companies have blogs. Some have great blogs – many have really bad blogs. A good blog can generate a lot of traffic, but a bad blog can drive people away just as quickly. Aside from choosing the best cheap web hosting company you can find, there are some certain steps towards blog success that you'll want to take.
1. Make It Easy to Comment. So many great blogs make it really tough for people to leave comments. Don't ask readers to sign up using an email account and a whole bunch of other login credentials. Consider a simple and fast Facebook login or other way to simply sign up. Getting comments is what a blog is all about!
2. Create Good Content. Got an SEO expert on your team that claims she can write a decent blog post? Think twice. Make sure your content is written by someone with writing skills. Otherwise, those spelling mistakes and illogical paragraphs will make your company look bad.
3. Offer Readers Options. If you add some sign up form links to your main blog site (in a nice and classy manner), people might sign up for a newsletter or for additional information about your business. Don't make it hard for people to find information about the product or service that you are selling!
4. Think Twice About Pop-Ups. I'm going to go against what many SEO sites will tell you: don't use pop-ups. I'm sure you get annoyed when a site bombards you with pop-ups, right? Well, annoying your readers shouldn't be your main goal. Skip the many pop-ups, and simply write good content.
5. Share and Share Alike. Spread the word about your blog by asking to write guest posts on other blogs. Or, allow people to share a blog post when asked. Also, don't forget to share on social networks. LinkedIn and Twitter can work wonders for a blog following!