PR activity with SiteGeek
NETPRO INDIA, Jaipur is IT based Research Company, developing the online applications for customer and stakeholder communication; they way people want to receive information and spark their action. Every business wants’ its story to be understood to build loyalty and encourage advocacy. Communication approach of the company for building relationship and reputation management involves both digital and social media and is beyond news releases or spinning your stories. Company focuses on the new advanced technologies to serve customers.
Company owns several domains which include:
SiteGek had been working on to develop a set of technologies to rate and review web hosting companies. They are currently monitoring 100 million websites for and collecting stats for the 40k hosting companies worldwide with various parameters which include:
- Number of clients
- Number of customers lost
- Uptime’s & downtimes
- Website speeds
- Popularity based on traffic
- Data from social media and overall sentiment analysis.
Sitegeek.com will be able to come up with a lot of other stats with all this big data. They are collecting e.g. most popular CMS, largest hosting companies, etc. Company shares this information which influences public opinion and changes behaviour. There is complete strategic plan for communication, connect with the public.
PR Activities did by Company:
- Creating new Press Releases
- Sharing News Releases by selecting right audience which includes journalists, bloggers, and new media influencers having large online networks to share with their friends. Also, the news is shared with the customers directly via email newsletters, who become advocates and share on their behalf.
- Distributing announcements via newswire services media relations to the journalists interested in technology.
peer-to-peer engagement across the social media landscape like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Keywords tracked, and social media communities searched for the customers already taking about and then meaningful information shared with them. Social technology is also used to keep an eye on the competition, what their competitors are doing and what people are saying about them. SWOT (strengths, weakness, opportunities and targets) analysis done with the information gathered.
- delivering targeted communication with an objective and credible information. People are very selective in receiving and sharing the news.
- Reputation building using blogs, videos and multi-media releases.
- Software team crawl online data and analysis team understand and creates metrics to benchmark progress and success. Advertising Value Equivalents or AVEs are used to measure PR outcome.
Eight Step PR Workflow process with SiteGeek
Research – Provide all the details of the first-hand information being provided and answer these questions:
i) Who is the audience of the company?
ii) What are the messages you wish to share with those audiences?
Find out the online communities where you find Hosting customers and how they behave.
Find out the culture of those communities and rules of sharing.
Evaluate people in those communities and answer their questions.
Try to build interaction with online community
what type of content they prefer to share?
Track keywords in online communities
What people are saying about the brand or the industry?
Target the communities and people that matter.
Identify the people and communities who wish to engage with.
Figure out what audience needs, for that you need to dissect and analyse the information you gather.
Develop the content as per their needs.
Share your knowledge with different departments or professional in office. Not only PR people, we have to engage our other staff to answer, concerns directly on the basis of subject matter expertise.
Understand the information and develop the message according to it.
Build relationship for peer to peer approach.
- Insight and Feedback
try to take feedback