Here are six of the best new WordPress plugins.
- Re-slug : if you've been around the SEO world for a while, you know that creating a new permalink once you already have one is a bad idea. Re-slug lets you safely create a new permalink if you decide to change it – useful and simple.
- Content Look : need a closer look at your content strategy? This plugin is for you. Content Look will audit your blog to let you know what areas of your content marketing need immediate attention and improvement.
- Birthdays Widget : here's one way to make your clients feel special! This plugin wishes your clients a happy birthday whenever a client logs into your site. It's a simple gesture, but it's one that's bound to get you a lot of attention and some very happy clients.
- Simply Snow : maybe this one just seems like a great idea because it's wintertime, but Simply Snow creates the appearance of snow on your site. Why would you want to do this? I have no idea, but you could have fun with it.
- Accessible Video File : got a lot of videos on your site? This plugin lets your users find all of your videos simply, and you can even ad tags and other bits to videos that you create.
- Google Apps Login : finally! This plugin lets your users log into their account through Google. Most of the time, it's a quick Facebook login that's added, but this one makes it possible to use Google instead – and that's a great thing for Google users!
Any Additional New WordPress Plugins?
It's hard to keep track of the many WordPress plugins available, so let me know if I've missed a few here. There are bound to be some great plugins out there that aren't part of this list. And, if you have developed one of these plugins, feel free to let us know more details about your creation.
WordPress plugins do make things simpler when you're using WordPress – just make sure that all of your plugins are useful, working, and won't slow down your page. Otherwise, have fun with the many things that WordPress has to offer. If you want to check out any of these plugins, head to the main WordPress website to see what's new – and don't forget to check out the reviews.