Interesting WordPress Facts
Back in May, Word Press had its 10th Anniversary. That's right, it's been ten year since WordPress first opened its virtual doors! Kind of an amazing thought, right? Well, there are some other things that you might not know about WordPress either. Take a look at these top 10 WordPress facts!
1. Word Press currently runs more than 66 million websites. Some of those sites include CNN, TechCrunch, Forbes, and many other popular sites that you probably use or see every single day!
2. Nearly 20,000 people make money using Word Press every day. Haven't opened up your WordPress account yet? What are you waiting for?
3. Nearly 17% of the websites in the entire world run thanks to WordPress. Word Press is the biggest site of its kind on the planet. That's quite an accomplishment!
4. More than 19,000 Word Press plugins are available – 19,000!
5. Plugins have been downloaded an estimated 285,000,000 times – million!
6. Word Press offers complete translations in a number of different languages including German, Croatian, Japanese, Norwegian, Slovenian, Hebrew, Spanish, Indonasian, English (Canada), Swedish, Slovak, Romanian, Polish, Russian, Scottish Gaelic, Italian, Dutch, Macedonian, French – and so many more that it's impossible to name them all here!
7. WordPress is one of the most requested skills in the world. Don't know how to use WordPress? Now's the time to learn! It's a really easy platform that will make your life a lot more lucrative if you can figure out how to use it!
8. Word Press beats Joomla and Drupal when it comes to usage.
9. Word Press is the preferred source for bloggers and freelancers. In fact, the going rate of a WordPress designer project is around $60 per hour – got WordPress design skills?
10. Word Press is really just the best platform there is. Alright, that's not a complete fact, but I've used a lot of platforms, and WordPress really does beat them all.
Want to know another fact? We have a ton of Word Press plugin, security, problem solving, and other articles based on the popular platform right here on our site. If you want some WordPress help, we can do that too.
Oh! I forgot fact number 11: this site runs entirely on Word Press! How amazing is that? That means that we are in the category of the billions of sites that use WordPress (and that some of us have those desirable skills!).
More WordPress Information
Surprisingly, Word Press doesn't generate that much revenue. According to a recent Forbes article, most of the company's revenue comes from advertising, with around 20% of that revenue coming from VIP clients. So, where does all of that money go?
Quirkily, WordPress's CEO, Matt Mullenweg, spends most of his money traveling around the world attending conferences (according to that same Forbes article). He's more interested in traveling and hearing what others have to say about Word Press than making money. This is a model that Forbes calls ‘not sustainable,' but for Mullenweg it's just life.
Want to know more about Word Press? Ask us!