Hosting Review 1and1 IONOS
About Company – Hosting Review 1and1
A division of United Internet Group
A company was held jointly by United Internet (66.7%) and Warburg Pincus (33.3%).
Unique Selling Points
- The world’s largest web hosting and cloud provider
- The European web hosting market leader and the leading German cloud provider. The company acquired ProfitBricks in 2017 and merged to its new 1&1 IONOS brand. The new company also replaces 1&1 Internet and ProfitBricks in Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Canada, Mexico, Austria, Spain, and the US.
Headquarters: Chesterbrook, PA
CEO: Achim Weiss
- Five state-of-the-art data centers housing 65,000+ servers
- The data centres in Europe and the USA comply with the highest European security and data protection guidelines
Services Offered – Hosting Review 1and1
- Internet service provider
- Domain Hosting
- Website and email hosting services
- VPS Hosting: Price starts at $4.99 per month, 1 Xeon CPU, 512 MB RAM, 30 GB SSD storage, and unlimited bandwidth
- Mobile subscription
- unlimited bandwidth, parked domains
- Subdomains: 10,000
- Email Addresses: 500
- MySQL Databases: 25
- Backup: Daily and free restore
- Raw Access Logs: To view who is accessing website based on IP address, date and time
- Security: spam filtering, SSL encryption, secure shell (SSH) protocol
- Solid-state drive (SSD): For faster load times
- Control Panel: Access to applications, e-Commerce solutions, WordPress, website builder, support options
Customers – Hosting Review 1and1
Number of Customers: 8 million customer contracts and hosts over 12 million domains
Target Customers: Small and medium-sized businesses of Europe and the US
What for customers?
- Cost-effect, Affordable, secure, and support tools
- Allows customer to test hosting with all features without committing to an annual contract
- Provides customers a personal consultant, free of charge and guide companies through all phases of their business development. A central contact person for all questions related to products, contract and how to become successful online.
- The company helps businesses to tackle building their first website, establishing a shop system, launching servers or even implementing IONOS' self-developed enterprise cloud infrastructure. Hence, enabling customers to use numerous cloud applications to support their business further.
- 24.7.365 friendly support via phone, email or live chat to troubleshoot problems or issues
- Provides in-depth knowledgebase full of how-to articles and video tutorials
Money-back Guarantee: 30-day
(October 2019) Cloud software platform Dropsuite partnered with 1&1 IONOS to generate an immediate revenue boost of almost $5 million. The Dropsuite would provide easy-to-use, affordable, and fully automated email archiving and backup functionality bunded with existing products of 1&1 IONOS customers. Furthermore, it would ensure that customers comply with stringent EU data regulations. Dropsuite deployed on a private cloud would also ensure that all user data and applications get hosted in United Internet Group data centers.