There are lots of things to consider when choosing a dedicated hosting company. Having a bit of insight into the process will help you make the right decision. Here are some of the most important things to think about.
Leasing a Server
One of the first steps is how to lease a server. Both the online and offline markets are crammed with all kinds of server options.
Here’s what to think about:
- Where is the server located physically? Is is safe from all kinds of harm?
- What happens when a server goes down? Are you responsible?
- Does the company have a solid reputation?
- Is database maintenance included?
- 5. Are backups an option? Is there a backup plan?
Cost is a very important issue when choosing the right dedicated hosting setup. It’s important to read the Terms of Service carefully before signing any kind of hosting contract. Above all else, it’s critical that security and malfunctioning issues are included in any kind of contract – what happens during a security breach or a malfunction? Are you covered?
These are the things you must think about when it comes to security issues:
- Are you protected against all viruses and spam attacks?
- What happens when something malfunctions?
Common malfuntion issues include:
- Clustering of information
- Disk mirroring issues
- No backup support
All of these issues need to be taken care of and resolved with the help of a strong technical team. If your contract doesn’t include this kind of technical care, you could be setting yourself up for disaster. Choosing a dedicated server option comes with many different things that you should consider before signing any contract. Need help? Ask us!