Latest News Amazon Web Service
- April 9, 2021, Attorney General’s Press Office/212-416-8060 email@example.com
Attorney General James Applauds Decision to Send Amazon Lawsuit Back to State Court
NEW YORK – New York Attorney General Letitia James released the following statement in response to a court’s decision to grant her office’s motion to allow her lawsuit against Amazon to be tried in state court, and deny Amazon’s attempts to have it heard in federal court:
“As we have contended all along, Amazon has forced its employees to work in unsafe conditions throughout this pandemic, in violation of New York state labor laws. We are pleased with today’s decision to allow this case to be heard in state court, where it belongs. We look forward to making our case and continuing our work to protect workers.”
- (March 29, 2018) Amazon could host the Australian government's highly sensitive ‘Protected' data in its Sydney region. The company working with ASD, an agency within the Department of Defence to receive verification at the protected level. AWS would be fifth to host protected data. The other four include Sliced Tech, Vault Systems, Macquarie Telecom, and Dimension Data. The company can host unclassified data with its EBS, EC2, IAM, S3, and VPC services. The company had completed an independent assessment from the Information Security Registered Assessors Program (IRAP). Hence, allowing government agencies to self-accredit their protected workloads on AWS with the assurance that citizen data is highly secure.
- (November 20, 2017) Plans to open an office in Argentina to boost support and hone in on opportunities in the local market. The company also signing MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with governments including Chile, Honduras, and Argentina to push the use of cloud services in the public sector.
- (May 31, 2017) AWS Expanded VPS Service Amazon Lightsail to nine more AWS regions and launched a new global console. The updated console allows users to create and manage resources in one or more Regions. The list of supported regions: US East (Northern Virginia), US West (Oregon), US East (Ohio), EU (London), EU (Frankfurt), EU (Ireland), Asia Pacific (Mumbai), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Sydney)
- (June 20, 2017) Amazon Is ‘Just Getting Started’ With Web Services Push in Canada by beefing up hiring people to its Toronto office to work on sales and technology adding 200 people taking a total headcount to 800 and 2,000 including warehouse staff across Ontario. The concerns for Stepping up competition and security increased the demand for local servers.
- (December 5, 2016) Cloud Giant AWS to Open New Office in Manama, the capital of Bahrain on January 1, 2017. The office would facilitate AWS Cloud Training and Global Certification programs to develop cloud skills within Bahrain.