Nowadays business applications need high bandwidth and low latency.
A layout of various components linked together determines the information flow, security susceptibility to electronic eavesdropping and fault-tolerance. In a mission-critical network, the administrator aims to minimize outrage.
Network Carriers buy and sell network services and want:
- automated, error-free and lower cost of business-to-business interactions
- scalability, efficiency, and secured distributed system and trusted marketplace
- optimum utilization and monetization
- enable a seamless experience for customers by maintaining business privacy and transaction integrity
Today's web hosting markets needs:
- VPN connectivity by incorporating network virtualization and slicing
- Smart Contract technology by Zeetta: It automates the industrial transactional process, allowing carriers to interconnect slices and restructure and re-purpose network slices to match the exact requirements of customers and their applications.
- The blockchain-based solution creates an environment within which business can securely transact along with automation to support dynamic network services and assurance. All interactions are encrypted and recorded in the chain with reduced complexity and costs. It removes the need to have a trusted third party intermediary to carry out B2B transactions among multiple entities. Furthermore, drive up market demand for global connectivity.
Assorted Network Topologies in LAN
Bus Topology or Linear Topology
An uninterrupted coax-based network backbone of single wire supports all networks devices, hence is cheap, quick and reasonably effective. It offers two single points of failures: server and backbone-wire if either fails all workstations lose connectivity. Although nowadays, the workstations have separate LINUX operating system installed, they continue to work without network.
- This topology is never preferred in heavy-traffic mission-critical applications, due to its poor performance.
- It handles one transmission at a time and has a high collision rate
- The client-server transactions mandate succeeding or constant connections between hosts
- It's difficult to troubleshoot packet collision or dropped packets
- Highly susceptible to eavesdropping
Single network feed to which all network components are connected working as repeaters to form a ring. It has two single points of failures, the server, and wire and if either goes down the network breaks.
- Susceptible to electronic eavesdropping
- Messages passed are uni-directional
All workstations connect to a single centralized device typically switch or hub. Easy to manage and troubleshoot workstations feed. A network remains fault-tolerance if any of the workstations halt.
Unlike bus and ring, star topology enables refined segmentation and shield's each workstation feed from eavesdropping with encryption.
- A major disadvantage with star topology is its critical centralized network component, as if that goes down, the entire network breaks.