1. Have professional, polished logo that links to homepage: For a brand, a logo is an important part, so it is located prominently on one's site. High-resolution image is used and placed it on page in upper left corner. So, to link logo to home page it is good thumb rule so that navigation can be easily done by visitors.
2. Get rid of clutter : These days’ websites visually overloaded with images to the point where anybody stop processing the information when too many options are confronted. On-site to keep visitors it has to make sure pages have competing calls to visual clutter by which visitor would be attracted from an important part of a page. Landing pages clutter down further by considering options and links to be limited in header and footer to narrow focus further.
3. Intuitive navigation is used : On top of website primary navigation options are installed in horizontal bar. Underneath primary navigation bar providing secondary navigation options or in site margin, known as sidebar.” People are quitting page instead of trying to figure by confusing navigation layouts. Therefore, rather than putting links to less important pages that reduces from call to action or primary information at top of landing pages.
4. Use color strategically : Mostly neutral color palette can help website project clean, elegant and modern appearance. Small dashes of color are employed for headlines or key graphics helps to guide visitors to most valuable content. To use color palette is important complements logo and consistent to marketing materials.
5. Give visitors breathing room : Sufficient space between paragraph and images are created so that all features of site are absorbed and offer business said by Hannah Spencer, graphic designer, Coalition Technologies which is a web design and online marketing agency.
A user will focus on content and control user flow by controlling white space through the layout. By much visual competition taking place on mobile and web, less is more. User experience will be improved by controlling white space which increases returns from a website.
6. Choose fonts easy to read across browsers and devices: People will be seeking at the website while choosing fonts not just not on a laptop but on mobile devices. Large-scaled fonts read on well but not scale on mobile, losing the desired look.
Typeface has to be picked which can be easily read and size will not be less than 11pt. If web fonts are using by anyone, not more than two font families are used to ensure fast load times. Using font size allows maximum 15 to 20 words per line while using fixed-width design. If anybody is using fluid design, the font size is used to allow 15 to 20 words per line at 900 to 1000 pixels wide.
7. Invest in professional, good photography : Generic photos can be sniffed by website visitors in a second and generic impression of a company will be left. Company is not generic, this has to show visitors by investing in professional photography. Good photography providing emotional connection to written content.
Design every page as a landing page: Websites are designed in such a way so that through homepage user enters and navigates into site said by Michael Freeman, senior manager of ShoreTel, Inc, providing hosted VoIP, cloud PBX service and business phone systems.