cPanel is a mode interface that can be used by any kind of web hosting. Cheap cPanel Hosting provides the users with a variety of alternatives for easy file management on email accounts, website, additional domains, and sub-domains. It also provides essential website statistics. Popular scripts that include WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Mambo, Gallery etc., can be installed by the user to cPanel Hosting in just a few clicks.
SoftaculousSoftaculous is regarded to be one of the most popular and best features of cPanel Hosting. It is a utility software application that permits the user handle domain using a web interface in an easy way. This software helps in installing various open source applications such as Joomla!, WordPress etc.
Advantages of cPanel Hosting
- Easy Installation process: cPanel can be effortlessly installed in very few steps. The user is required to install Linux OS and run the script for the installation process. By doing this most of the server configuration process is completed.
- High compatibility: With many of the open source applications cPanel is compatible in an extensive manner.
- Interactive interface: various virtual interactive interfaces are provided for different users that include clients, administrators and email users in cPanel.
- Easy portability: cPanel provides users with easy portability feature. With this, the user can easily transfer website from one hosting company to another.
- No experience required: the user needs not to be of an experienced and technical background in handling servers. It is an easy-to-use tool and no prior skill is required.
- Easy website management: Easy management of complex websites is done through the features of cPanel, such as, maintaining a regular database and code backup, administering and forwarding email addresses and email accounts, management of multiple websites under a single account etc.
Disadvantages of cPanel Hosting
- Size restrictions: cPanel is appropriate for websites that come under small and medium ones.
- cPanel susceptibility: Being vulnerable, cPanel is prone to attacks. It poses a security risk to content for its updating process time. It is usually an update process performed at night but any attack before updating can incur losses.
- A cost of License: cPanel Hosting comes with an expensive license which is essential to operate cPanel.
- Lack of professional look: As and when compared with other control panel interfaces available in the market, cPanel lacks the professional outlook.
- Joomla! : It is an open source software application that enables application and website content management in a lucid way.
- WHMCS: WHM Complete Solution (WHMCS) provides billing and support packages for online business and is a great solution for helping in setting the hosting accounts.
- X-Cart: X-Cart is a cPanel plugin that functions with PHP scripting and is SEO friendly in nature. It provides a shopping cart for e-commerce sites.
- Installatron: Installatron is an application that can be easily incorporated into any kind of web hosting cPanel. This app supports other web applications as well and automatically provides with timely updates.
- WebMail Pro: A cPanel add-on that affords an interactive web interface for mailing object. This add-on allows the user to maintain different calendars; folders and multiple accounts for the single user.
- Dolphins: Dolphins is open source software that allows you to build web communities and social networking sites. Dolphins is an add-on for cPanel that is fully featured and effortlessly customizable.
Concluding, cPanel is the favorite of many webmasters with which they can manage complex tasks in just a few clicks. Regular backups, site maintenance, web directories concerns, disk space calculation etc can be performed easily with cPanel Hosting. By using the huge assortment of plugins available online for cPanel, the user has a better experience and site management by self.