WordPress Hosting Vs Drupal Hosting
Every IT person, developer, and programmer has an opinion when it comes to the various open source content management systems out there. It often comes down to functionality and ease of use, but even then the lines are often blurred and there is rarely a clear-cut victory.
As for now, the biggest difference between WordPress and Drupal is that Drupal is a Content Management System, and WordPress is a blog engine. This means Drupal assumes that there will be many different kinds of users with various levels of control who are administering a website, and WordPress assumes there will be only one.
Difference between WordPress Hosting Vs Drupal Hosting
|Release Date: 27/05/2003||Release Date: 15/01/2001|
|No. of versions: 3||No. of versions: 7|
|Total number of updates: 164||Total number of updates: 77|
|WordPress a free and open source blogging tool and a dynamic content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL.||A free and open-source content management system (CMS) and content management framework (CMF) written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License.|
|WordPress is Used by over 14.7% of Alexa Internet's “top 1 million” websites and as of August 2011 manages 22% of all new websites.||It is used as a back-end system for at least 1.5% of all websites worldwide ranging from personal blogs to corporate, political, and government sites including whitehouse.gov and data.gov.uk|
|WordPress has a web template system using a template processor.||Used for knowledge management and business collaboration.|
|WordPress users may install and switch between themes. One very popular feature of WordPress is its rich plugin architecture which allows users and developers to extend its abilities beyond the features that are part of the base install||Drupal offers a sophisticated programming interface for developers; no programming skills are required for basic website installation and administration.|
|There is a single direction of development on blogging software, with the community deciding what should go into the “best blogging platform” and that is now exemplified by what you get with WordPress.||Drupal, on the other hand, does everything: blogs, forums, e-commerce, CRM, intranets, social networks, news aggregators, wikis, photo galleries, restaurant review sites, etc,|
|Minimum requirements needed for Word press hosting:
||Drupal’s minimum system requirement:Disk space15 MegabytesWeb serverApache 1.3, Apache 2.x, or Microsoft IISDatabase serverDrupal 5: MySQL 3.23.17 or higherDrupal 6: MySQL 4.1 or higher, PostgreSQL 7.1, Drupal 7: MySQL 5.0.15 or higher with PDO, SQLite 3.3.7 or higher
Note: Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle are supported by an additional modulePHP
Drupal 5: 4.4.0 or higher (5.2 recommended)
Drupal 6: 4.4.0 or higher (5.2 recommended)
Drupal 7: 5.2.5 or higher (5.3 recommended).
WordPress Vs Drupal
WordPress : WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool and a content management system(CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress was first released on May 27, 2003.It’s founders were Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little.
Pagely is the first Managed WordPress Hosting service that handles most of the technical stuff like upgrades, performance, and security to allow you to focus on your content. It provides WordPress Web Hosting for personal sites to multi-server clusters for enterprise. HostGator is an award-winning web hosting company, and hundreds of thousands of people trust HostGator for WordPress Web Hosting.
With our fully optimized WordPress hosting server, we guarantee you 99% uptime and every cent you spent on Hosting WordPress makes perfect sense only with WPWebHost.Rochen’s business hosting plans are ideal for Hosting WordPress.
For creating clean and stylish hosting website that demonstrate reliability and safety of the service WordPress Hosting Theme from TemplateMonster has to be adopted.Designer and developers put all their knowledge, enthusiasm and imagination to make the WordPress Hosting Theme user friendly, well-structured and beautiful.
Best WordPress Hosting provide outstanding hosting features, uptime, server speed and customer support.
Drupal : Drupal is a free and open-source content management framework (CMF) written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License. It is also used for knowledge management and business collaboration.
The Best Drupal Hosting provides following features:
- Unlimited Space / Unlimited Data Transfer
- Host up to 6 Domains or go Unlimited
- 24/7 world-class qualified and experienced support
- cPanel Control Panel – Unlimited email, databases and subdomains.
- 99.9% uptime and 60 day money back guarantee
- Fully adheres to all the requirement of system of Hosting Drupal.
2.0 Drupal Hosting is the trouble free Drupal hosting that runs on preconfigured environment.
100% Hosting Drupal compatibility, $100 Google AdWords credits, ANYTIME money back guarantee, and 24×7 US-based support with the guarantee – “with holding times that average less than 30 seconds.
- Firstly, Drupal is a Content Management System, and WordPress is a blog engine.
- Drupal is much more complex and has much more features if compared to WordPress.
- Drupal works with modules, while wordpress makes use of plugins.
- WordPress is designed to only work with the MySQL database whereas Drupal works with a database abstraction layer which allows the platform to connect with basically any database.
- Blocks in Drupal allow you to have content in different parts of a page on the other hand WordPress lacks this functionality.
- WordPress is built around posts, pages, comments, links, categories and tags while Drupal has a uniform structure called nodes which can be considered to be the objects, with the same underlying data structure. They can represent a blog post, a recipe, a news item, a story, an article etc.
- Although Drupal is highly customizable, the WordPress community has much more themes and plugins available.
- WordPress.com is an online community, where everyone can have their own blog. The notion is that anyone should be able to publish on the web without hosting the blog while the case is not applicable to Drupal.
- WordPress is more efficient than Drupal.
- Drupal offers much flexibility to the composition of a template. Its blocks can be positioned anywhere on the page while WordPress' widgets must be placed into specific areas.
- WordPress is also simpler when you want to connect to a local editor like Live Writer while it proves much more challenging if Drupal is to be considered.
- Many plugins statistics can complement WordPress, while Drupal offers an integrated statistical tool complete with graphics.
- Drupal is the most secure CMS if compared to WordPress.
- WordPress has a larger number of extensions as compared to Drupal.
- Drupal has a much better permissions scheme than WordPress does.
- The Drupal community seems to me to be much more active and organized than WordPress.