- A cloud server is a virtual server which is a large pool of multiple servers which is built, hosted and delivered by cloud computing, thus a cloud can run multiple OS using the same resources. It is available to the users for their access.Cloud server allows the user to use applications and store data in the remote cloud server.
- A dedicated server is basically designed to serve the needs of the whole network which contain thousands of computer connected to each other and communicate with each other. In a network, it is a single computer which is set aside to serve the need of the network. It indicates the server which is allocated to you only for hosting your website i.e. dedicated to the client website only to serve its need.
- Cloud server performance is better than an average dedicated server.
- Cloud server has lack of control but dedicated server provides full control.
- If a physical server fails, Cloud server will switch to other servers but if a dedicated server fails then you are required to build a new server, reinstall the os and store the data again.
- While the server is running, Cloud server can add CPU power and disk space but the dedicated server must be shut down
- When you are updating Cloud server to a new server then no need to reinstall the operating system and device drivers but when you are updating dedicated server to a new server then there is a need to reinstall the operating system and device drivers
- A cloud server is not very costly they cost $29/month to $199/month and you need to pay the bill on hour basis and for only those resources which you consume but a dedicated server is quite expensive they cost from $99/month to $1500/month and you need to pay on monthly basis.
- If your cloud server fails and is unrecoverable, you can power on the cloud server backup image and you see that your cloud server is back and start running in few minutes. But in the case of a dedicated server, you need to reinstall an operating system, store files and data again which is a time-consuming task.