What is Magento?
Magento is a script that has been developed for e-commerce sites. It is a very powerful open source platform that has been excellently designed to facilitate developers to create an e-commerce website that looks absolutely professional, are very easy to browse and use and work intuitively. This e-commerce solution designed and developed by Varien is highly appreciated by developers working on an e-commerce website because:
- powers over 250,000 online stores
- It is rich in features, which is highly cherished by developers and website owners.
- It is flexible and accommodates most of the requirements. Any kind of business model specific website can be created. This can be attributed to its modular architecture.
- It is scalable
- It offers excellent tools which help in controlling various features of a business website like its catalogue, online marketing, SEO etc.
- It offers a wide variety of plug ins and themes available at Magento Marketplace.
- It has a huge community dedicated to it which is very helpful. Also, there is Varien support available.
- It is robust and can handle big websites too with ease.
Magento is available in two versions. There is the community edition which is free and is open source software. And then there is Enterprise edition which is available for an annual subscription fee and is suitable for large business houses. You can create tailor made websites with both which will meet up with the unique requirements for of your business.
Who can use it?
Anyone who is selling anything and wants an online store for it , can use Magento Hosting solutions. Be it a small start up with a few products to sell or a huge retailer with a very extensive catalogue, Magento Hosting is well suited and well equipped for all kinds for e-stores. If you opt for Magento Hosting you are going to have a fast, reliable and stable websites that will suffice all your requirements and rest assured, the shopping experience of your customer will be ja oyous one.
Beneficial Features of Magento Hosting
Many web hosts provide Magento Hosting solutions that are effective and affordable. Any e-commerce website can gain a lot from the commendable features of Magento Hosting such as:
- Creating and managing a product catalogue is very easy. You may put one or many pictures or other attributes of a product and update (a single product or a batch) as and when required. A visitor can create a wish list while browsing and comparing various products.
- Orders can be segregated and managed and shipments can be duly handled.
- There are a number of options possible for payments. You can integrate with Amazon Payments, PayPal, Authorize.net or Google checkouts. Or simply accept cheques.
- Customers of your e-store will be happy as there are a lot of facilities that can be created for them on the website. Like they can have their own account where they can check their purchase history, they can have a wish list with their own personal comments. It can remember a default shipping address too.
- Using Magento Hosting allows you to analyze your traffic and other website driven data to make marketing decisions. You can accordingly decide what discounts or coupons will be good or which products need to be pushed more.
- Magento Hosting allows you to make your online store appear unique and appealing to the visitor. You can make the customer fall in love with your store with its charming appearance, easy navigation, efficient service and fast speed.
- Another cool feature of Magento Hosting is the Magnet Connect Interface using which you can improve the functionality of your online store beyond imagination.
There are a number of successful stores today that are using Magento Hosting to achieve desired results and targeted profits and even beyond. If you are going online with your store, let Magento Hosting be your helping hand!
Magento 1 End-of-life: After June 30, 2020, there would be no patches, security, and technology updates. Hence, the store will be vulnerable and could be taken down by malicious actors. The customers forced to migrate to Magento 2.