WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool and content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress was just started as a blogging system and is now being used as a full content management system (CMS).
It is a powerful publishing platform which has a great set of features designed to make your own blogs on the internet as easy as possible. It provides a free distributed content management system.
WordPress powers nearly a quarter of new sites today, is the content management system (CMS) of choice for more than two thirds of the top million sites making it the most popular on the web, and is trusted by content publishers. WordPress makes sharing content and attracting readers to your site a breeze. Whether pushing content to social networks, ensuring that your website is provided in the optimal format to appear at the top of search results the moment you hit publish, or providing visitors the ability to subscribe to specific content sub-feeds in their favorite feed reader (or even via e-mail), Word Press is not simply a website, but rather a content-publishing platform.
How to set up WordPress using Fantastico?
Basically, fantastico is a commercial script library which automates the installation of web applications to a website. Fantastico scripts are executed from the administration area of a website control panel such as cpanel .As we know that Fantastico scripts are executed mostly when a new website is created, or a new application is added to an existing website. The scripts typically create tables in a database, install software, adjust permissions, and modify web server configuration files.
- Login into the cpanel Account.
- After getting logged in click on the Fantastico button.
- With the Fantastico window open, click on the Word press link located in the Blogs section.
- Now a new installation form will come which will have the following things:
- Select the domain in which you want to install,
- In which directory you want to install,
- Now type the Administrator User Name,
- Then put the password ,
- Choose a nickname for your account,
- Put the email address so that you can use it,
- Type the name of your blog,
- Make a short description about the Blog.
- Now click install word press.
- After that click on finish installation
- Type your Username and Password that you got from your previous step in the login screen and click Login.
- After logging in you should be brought to your blog’s Dashboard.
- Finally click on Visit Site.
- Now you have completed the installation.
- It is a powerful semantic web publishing platform.
- It has a full featured CMS (Content Management System).
- Word Press makes sharing content and attracting readers to your site.
- It has vast community of user’s from all over the world.
- Word Press has mobile applications for android, iOS, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Phone 7, even WebOS.
- You can also give passwords to individual posts .
- Word Press provides extensive functionality right out-of-the-box and often little customization is needed to adapt the software for your unique use.
- Word Press is designed to be installed on your own web server, in the cloud, or in a shared hosting account.
- Word Press uses XML-RPC, an open XML standard that allows different systems in different environments to talk to one another.
- The menu management is quite easy and simple.
- It has rich plug-in architecture.
l. It also has an integrated link management; a search engine-friendly, clean permalink structure; the ability to assign nested, multiple categories to articles; and support for tagging of posts and articles.
- Using word press blogging you can put your blog very easily on the internet quickly.
- Word Press blogging is constantly getting updated to safeguard against the new and developing tactics of hackers and spammers.
- Unlimited Themes are available for every different user.
- Cross referencing blog tags.
- Side bar widgets helps in blogs to make it more attractive
- Using word press blogging your blog will be published on different servers.
- Your content is backed up automatically.
- You get extra traffic from the WordPress.com community.
- You can find like-minded bloggers using search and the reader.
- Your dashboard is secure (SSL) making it even safer to log in on shared networks.
- It is SEO friendly.
- The blogs can be categorized.
Minimum Requirements for WordPress:
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater