<< Prev. Page: Linux Desktop Themes
KDE themes placed in the directory
To control and customize themes, open Theme Manager in the KDE control panel under Appearances.
Internet & Network menu of the Control Center -> select Network Setting -> Click Administrative Mode button. It displays four panels Network Interfaces, Routes, Domain Name System, and Network profiles.
- Network Interfaces Panel: Connected network interfaces are listed. Buttons are available to Enable or Disable an interface. To configure a device, click on its entry and click the Configure Interface button -> Select Automatic or Manual Configuration. The automatic configuration uses DHCP; Manual configuration lets a user enter the IP address and Netmask.
- Routes Panel: Allows to enter the Gateway address
- The Domain Name System Panel: specify the hostname of the computer, domain name, and domain name servers for the network.
- The Network Profiles: save or create a network profile such as home or office
- The Control Center Service Discover Panel (Internet & Network) allows specifying a domain. Enter zeroconf:/ in KDE file manager window.
KDE zeroconf solution using Avahi (kdnssd) located in the kdnnsd-avahi package allows the setup of non-routable private networks without performing any configuration. Avahi includes multicast DNS (mDNS) and DNS service discovery (DNS-SD), which automatically detects services on a network. It connects them to access resources like printers without the need for a DHCP server or static IP addresses. IP addresses determined using either IPv6 or IPv4 Link-Local address. IPv4 Link-Local address assigned from 126.96.36.199 network pool.
Distributions like Red Hat and Fedora use the DNS service discovery.
Windows XP, 7, and 10 themes
The B00merang Project provides Windows XP, 7, and 10 themes that support the GTK toolkit and its desktops like Cinnamon, GNOME Shell, Xfce, Unity, and other apps (Plank panel theme and Openbox window manager theme). It gives the same Windows icon themes to have the same look & feel like Windows.
- Yaru, Canonical Design a new desktop theme for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Kali Linux 2019.4 includes a new default desktop environment, Xfce, a new GTK3 theme (for Gnome and Xfce). The lightweight design to run on all levels of Kali installs.