Micromax is the mobile phone manufacturer will be tracked closely. It sought to be a serious player in the highly competitive global smart phone market and In India, it is already giving a tough competition to Samsung who is having the second-largest market share in the smart phone segment .
Headquarters: Redmond, Washington
Date of Birth: August 19, 1967 in Hyderabad, India
Study: At University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 1984
Carrer with Microsoft
- In 2000, becomes Vice President of Microsoft bCentral which sets the web services for small businesses which includes website hosting & email.
- As Vice President of Microsoft Business Solutions in 2002, which was formed by acquisition of Great Plains (dealing in accounting software for small and midsize businesses). The company deals in cloud-based CRM, which eventually re-branded as ‘Dynamics'.
- In 2007, as Senior Vice President, Microsoft Online Services with the charge of Bing, Microsot Office and Xbox Live.
- Promoted to President Server and Tools Division in February 2011 to oversaw products for companies like Azure Cloud platform, SQL Server database and Widnows Server. He is credited to increase the company's revenue from $16.6 billion in 2013 to $20.3 billion.
Advancements in Company in Tenure
- Implemented variety of changes which includes open-source software projects, partnering competitors, scaling back on first-party mobile ambitions
- Centering the company around one mission: Empowers company & individuals to achieve more
- Introduced Microsoft Surface Book (the company’s first laptop)
- Released Improved iPhone, Android Apps like Microsoft Outlook, Windows 10, while skipping Windows 9
- Embraced Linux operating system on the Azure cloud
- The company acquired Mojang (Minecraft creator)
Chris J. Terry
Recently, joins Open Source Blockchain Project Ether1.org and founded Veriifable AG of Switzerland, a blockchain-based solution for Enterprise Resource Planning Systems.
In 1995, founded Florida Internet Corporation, the very first ISPs in the world, which in 1998 acquired by Verio Inc., and subsequently sold to NT&T of Japan.
He founded HostLogic Inc., an Application Service Provider (ASP), an SAP cloud-hosting company.
Before working with Rackspace, he worked at Silver Ventures. He joined Rackspace, San Antonio in 1999, as CFO. In the book, he wrote ‘Billion or Bust! Growing a Tech Company in Texas', mentioned how companies raised millions at skyrocketing valuations. In his guidance, the company becomes idealistic customer-centric, a $2billion company.