Share your valuable feedback, comments or suggestions on Virtual Private Server
About Virtual Private Server
A virtual server is a server (computer and various server programs) at someone else's location which is shared by multiple Web site owners, and each owner can use and administer it. Moreover, each user had complete control of the server.
- As business becomes popular, they upgrade to the Virtual Private Server hosting plans.
- Created by splitting a powerful physical machine, each run on its copy of Operating system and allocated dedicated resources.
- VPS plans offered on both platforms Windows and Linux
- Windows VPS charge for the license for all commercial Microsoft Windows products. You may need Windows when an application runs on ASP.NET technology. For PHP+MySQL use Linux open source.
Benefits of Virtual Private Server
- Although prices slightly higher than shared hosting has benefits of a dedicated server concerning reliability, privacy, control, and security.
- Full Control: A root access provided to install and configure applications and customize the server
Managed Virtual Private Server
- All technical requirements fulfilled by the provider and are responsible for it. Hence, the managed VPS is costlier than un-managed one.
- The provider optimize VPS for high-performance and top speed
- Provides guarantee of high uptime
- Security: Install a necessary firewall, anti-malware, anti-virus and DDoS protection
- Offers 24.7.365 technical support
Virtual Dedicated Server
A virtual dedicated server is abbreviated as VDS. It is a type of virtualization which enables a virtual server. It is a shared resource, not a dedicated server. Each VDS has its own bandwidth, disk space, memory, CPU allocation and operating system.
Insight Virtual Private Server
A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine which is sold as a service through Internet hosting services. A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system, and it offers superuser-level instant access of operating system to its customers. By this users can install almost any software that runs on that OS. Its many functions are equivalent to a dedicated physical server. It is software-defined and is able to be much more easily configured and created.
A VPS is dynamic and it can be changed at runtime. It is often referred to as a cloud server. You can add additional hardware resources. However, they can be added at runtime, like – CPU, RAM etc. According to load in some cases, a server can be moved to other hardware while the server is automatically running.
Pros and Cons of Virtual Private Server
Virtual Private Server has various pros, some of the major pros are:
- it is affordable, can be set up in a few minutes, tends to be more reliable than shared hosting
- gives more access to the server's configuration, customers can control settings by themselves
- you can create and remove sites from your VPS easily, each site can have its own control panel, the software can be installed and modified, more secure and many more.
- Another advantage of VPS hosting is the ability to customize your operating system.
There are a few downsides also, such as user needs to know a little more about server administration, there is quite a jump in cost, choosing a plan can be complicated, an unmanaged VPS may look like a cheap option, but if you do not know what you are doing, then fixing a fault can get expensive fast.
Best Virtual Private Server
There are many companies which offer virtual private server hosting or virtual dedicated server hosting services as an extension of web hosting services. It has unmetered hosting facility also which offers unlimited amount of data-transfer on a fixed bandwidth line. Virtual private server has shared bandwidth and a fair usage policy. VPS companies has solid state drives (SSDs) facility. Their Virtual Private Servers give designers, developers, speed, stability and more power to businesses which helps to successfully run the websites and applications. Moreover, they also manage a virtual server easily.
Virtual private server offers plans which are scalable and flexible. It has rapid deployment of new plans and upgrades. There is few best Virtual private server company which are located at a secured world-class data center, and has easy access to technical support who has experienced customer support staff. They offer deep understanding on a variety of server configurations.