To choose the right web hosting customer’s perspective is important. According to the blog, 40 percent customer will leave the site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load and end-user conversion to 7 percent. Along with loading time, website uptime also takes an effect. The three important features generally asked by newbie users are reliability, speed, and support. Traffic volume and size of a website also plays a vital role to affect loading time negatively. Shared hosting is the better option for small businesses but future incoming traffic and size of a website also matters. For huge traffic and large over disk it is better to select a bigger plan.
Some important things to assess are:
- Business budget awareness: To choose best web hosting provider, price plays a vital role. If anyone is spending a large amount to prepare business promoting plans then he should be concerned about budget. If a website needs less disk space and low bandwidth then there is no use of bigger plans, because it can splash the budget.
- Bandwidth Management: There is a question from hosting provider that how much bandwidth should be allocated or any limitation while using? And if there is any limitation, then what cost might occur if a limit is infringed? Many provider charge customer with undisclosed prices to gain more profit.
- Disk Space: The size of the disk must be flexible. If any website is providing music audios, images, videos it means a huge space is required. If anyone has uncertainty about disk space then allocated disk size must accommodate according to the business needs.
- Emailing: The email which is particular to business can build strong relations. That hosting provider should be chosen which provides email solution along with its hosting package. A business-specific mail is more effective and useful than an email which is provided by a common email provider.
- Site statistics: It provides insight into the growth of online business. These statistics help users to analyze how many visitors have gone through a website? Where are they from? A user may also know about the flaws of a website.
- Social sentiments and Customer review: Anyone can’t be able to know about the service provided by the company unless he hires that provider’s service. Therefore, to make perception one should choose user reviews and comments from social media about their provided services. In this way, the wrong decision will not be taken.
- Security concern: If anyone is holding e-commerce business then he should primarily focus on data security. One can ask the provider about security measures and the tools used to prevent an illegal attack. Users are also provided some add-on which includes frequent virus and malware scans to provide an extra security layer.
- SSL: These certificates are a common technique used to exchange data with encryption. SSL ensures that data is transmitted privately; it is just a handshake between two servers. Anyone can determine that whether the site is using SSL or not through its URL. If web address starts with HTTPs it means SSL is used otherwise not. Google trends are focusing on those websites for indexing who are using SSL certificate. These sites are considered more secure and reliable.
- Firewall Protection: If user‘s website is running on his own server then firewall mechanism is also necessary along with other security measures. The firewall prevents the server from outer disruptions. Firewall protection secures the server from any unauthenticated access as the important data cannot disclose to an unauthorized person. There should be a backup solution to save data in case of any failure.
Select type of hosting:-
One has to choose best web hosting type according to the business type. Every company offers hosting types. It can be classified into different kinds:-
- Shared Hosting: All resources are allocated to multiple clients. This hosting is beneficial for the user due to its low price which requires fewer resources and size. Bandwidth is shared among multiple users allow them to use limited share.
- Virtual server: These servers are enhanced form of shared servers as resources are allocated with some limitations. Every user is provided his own space for expansion of a business. If there is more expansion of business then some extra resources are also added to it. The cost is little higher than shared hosting. A user can manage his server on its own according to the requirements.
- Dedicated server: This is the most costly server than any other server. Entire server is used by one user only. One should have the technical knowledge to hold this server. Many companies are providing dedicated hosting where a provider is responsible to provide proper backup, protection, and other configuration.