Share your valuable feedback, comments or suggestions on Secure SSL Certificates
Secure SSL Certificates Introduction
Data Sent from server to browser is encrypted and securely transmitted. A green https letter in the URL displayed, which represent Secured SSL certified.
If the data has to be sent and encrypted in a secure manner in between two endpoints then there is the requirement for the protocol and that is called Secure Socket Layer. The Secure SSL Certificates are the resources by which web servers prove their identity to web browsers, allowing a secure site to communicate privately with the web browser via the HTTPS protocol. An SSL certificate contains the following information:
- The certificate holder's name.
- The certificate's serial number and expiration date.
- A copy of the certificate holder's public key.
- The digital signature of the certificate-issuing authority.
The Comodo SSL Certificates issued to yourdomain.com is also valid for http://www.yourdomain.com. By using Comodo SSL Certificates the highest possible encryption levels for online transactions is guaranteed. Each certificate is signed with NIST recommended 2048 bit signatures and provides up to 256-bit encryption of customer data.
Who Uses Secure SSL Certificates?
Any website desiring to engage in e-commerce dealings should be sensible to use SSL Certificates. Credit card numbers and other
important personal data should be kept secure and secret during transmissions. As well as websites that provide personal information like government agencies and educational institutions should also use SSL Certificates.
After having the brief introduction of Secure SSL Certificates we will go through the Need Of Secure SSL Certificates.
Role of Google and Other Organizations like Let's Encrypt
- Encourages personal and business website owners to use HTTPS protocol
- Made freely available and easy to install
- From July 2018, Google Chrome 68 would mark all sites, which are not secure, i.e., not adopted SSL. A browser may label it as ‘unsafe'.
- price of the certificates and the complexity of implementation
Need Of Secure SSL Certificates
The Need Of Secure SSL Certificates arises due to following reasons:
- Encrypt Connection: Protects visitor's sensitive data such as login details, signups, payment or personal information and addresses from attackers.
- Server authentication SSL not only offers protection to us but also to our customers. The digital certificates offered by SSL, are provided by third-party and guarantee encryption. These certificates stand as proof of the reliability of the server and make it tough for the swindlers to pretend as different server.
- Private communication capabilities Another reason for usage of SSL Secure is that it helps in making conversations private. Encryptions used by SSL turns the useful data like credit card addresses, numbers, and other types of payment options in the unpredictable bits of data. The right recipient, one that has the encryption key can decode these messages. This means that we have private communication channels. In case someone else tries to capture information, it will not be of any use to the person.
- Credibility & Confidence: Building trust is one of the most important benefits of SSL certifications. A security padlock in the address bar of the browser assures clients that they are taking proper steps to protect their personal information and take their privacy seriously.
- SSL Secure makes a private interaction channel for sending personal information.
- The SSL Certificates authenticate the uniqueness of a website and encrypt information sent to the server using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- The SSL certificates serve as an electronic authorization that establishes an online entity's authorizations when doing business on the Web.
- SEO: Improves site ranking, as Google boost website with encrypted connections slightly higher
Thus, if we run an online business, the Secure SSL certificates are the most important requirements which we should have. It enables us to secure information for wicked purposes and this can save us a lot of pain and the financial implications that could happen in cases where our banking information is compromised.
How It Can Be Taken
Secure SSL Certificates can be purchased from a certificate authority. A certificate authority is a third-party agency that verifies the identity of a website asking for a certificate and vouchers for them in the form of a signed certificate. A website that has received a signed
certificate will have their certificate listed on the certificate authority's public access list, and browsers can find and verify the certificate.
Types Of Secure SSL Certificates Available
The types of SSL Certificates are:
- Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificates: where the Certification Authority checks the right of the applicant to use a specific domain name PLUS it conducts a thorough vetting of the organization. EV Certificates are available for all types of businesses, including government entities and both incorporated and unincorporated businesses.
- Organization Validation (OV) SSL Certificates: where the Certification Authority checks the right of the applicant to use a specific domain name PLUS it conducts some vetting of the organization. Additional vetted company information is displayed to customers when clicking on the Secure Site Seal, giving enhanced visibility in who is behind the site and associated enhanced trust.
- Domain Validation (DV) SSL Certificates: where the Certification Authority checks the right of the applicant to use a specific domain name. No company identity information is vetted and no information is displayed other than encryption information within the Secure Site Seal.
- Instant SSL Certificate: An Instant SSL Certificate is one of the most cost-effective fast-installed SSL Certificate to secure a web server. Customers could be assured about a complete security of the transaction data till it reaches the intended web server.
- Essential SSL Certificate: An Essential SSL Certificate is highly trusted in the industry as a quick, reliable solution for web security. It can be of significant value to you if you are an e-merchant as it secures E-commerce sites in no time.
- Wildcard SSL Certificate: A Wildcard SSL Certificate can help us if we want to secure our multiple sub-domains over multiple servers all by one single certificate. It saves business owners time and money over buying and managing of individual certificates for every sub-domain.
- Code Signing Certificate: A Code Signing Certificate facilitates the protection of software code and content for the software publishers and the users downloading it. It typically allows the software developers to include their digital signatures and information with the software. Due to this, customers purchasing the software online get assured of its genuine source and an unaltered code.
Hence, the Need For Secure SSL Certificate gets out of bed only for the purpose of security and reliability.The arising Need Of Secure SSL Certificates is the main cause of its existence in the online world.