Hosting with XHTML,CSS abd Graphics
Web hosting service is a type of internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make website accessible via World Wide Web. The hosting companies provide a particular space on the server provided by the web hosting company. That space is provided according to what the user wants and is that space suitable for the user. Websites can be hosted in many different platforms. So if hosting of the website is done with XHTML, CSS and web graphics then how it will be working. So let’s go in brief about XHTML, CSS and web graphics.
XHTML is the stricter and cleaner form of HTML and is very much identical to HTML 4.01. XHTML is responsible for the structure of the web pages whereas presentation is handled by CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). The first version of it is known as XHTML 1.0. It used the existing three document types of HTML and reformulated them as applications of XML. XHTML is the recommendation of W3C (Worldwide Web Consortium), an organization to make and maintain standards for the Internet and its associated technologies.
- Documents must have only one root element
- XHTML elements must be properly nested
- Elements must always be closed and be in lowercase
- Tags attribute names must be in lower case and quoted
- XHTML tags attribute minimization is forbidden
Websites are designed multi-column CSS layouts with optimized graphic files, the process of website development includes:
• Getting Web Hosting, Domain name and FTP Access: Get the best business hosting plan which helps you in providing the user best hosting. Business hosting plan provides following :
•Create a simple (X)HTML page, how to add links and images: An XHTML document has a very simple structure. It has a header, which contains information about the document, and a body, which contains the main content of the document. To markup this structure, you need three tags – <html>, <head>, and <body>.The FTP (File Transfer Protocol, File Transfer Protocol) is one of the oldest within the Internet. It is a service that users use frequently (driver downloads, music, documents, etc..), But this is only part of the service, since it is also possible to implement in our machine, FTP server for other users can connect to our computer and pick up / leave information in a particular area.
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
<!DOCTYPE htmlPUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN””DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd”>
<html xmlns=”http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml” xml:lang=”en” lang=”en”>
<title> Strict DTD XHTML Example </title>
Please Choose a Day:
<br /><br />
• Web standards –
Facts about XHTML:
- XHTML documents start with an <html> tag – there is no such thing as an <xhtml> tag.
- It is required that you declare the XHTML namespace inside the opening <html> tag.
- This XHTML example covered the use of XHTML transitional – for XHTML strict or frameset, use the appropriate DOCTYPE Declaration.
- Remember that declaring a DOCTYPE with a valid identifier at the top of an XHTML page puts most browers in standards mode- so remember not to use old browser hacks, and non-standard tags. (Otherwise, use just use regular HTML)
- For some browsers, including Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, if you start an XHTML page with the XML declaration, the browser goes into quirks mode, an unfortunate bug. The workaround is to delete the optional declaration and declare the the encoding using a meta tag.
- The DOCTYPE declaration has to be in all uppercase characters, just like in the XHTML example code.
XML defines the DTD [document type definition] to avail variable contents to display them. XML conversion services are useful for newspapers, magazines, journals, technical and various documents, graphics and other republishing services. The source file is converted and validated with best validating software; every individual tag will be validated by automated method to make sure the highest quality standard is achieved. The purpose of a DTD (Document Type Definition) is to define the legal building blocks of an XML document. A DTD defines the document structure with a list of legal elements and attributes. Three types of DTD’s are there:
You should use the strict DTD when your XHTML pages will be marked up cleanly, free of presentational clutter. You use the strict DTD together with cascading style sheets, because it doesn’t allow attributes like “bgcolor” to be set for the <body> tag, etc.
The transitional DTD should be used when you need to take advantage of the presentational features that are available through HTML. You should also use the transitional DTD when you want to support older browsers that don’t have built-in support for cascading style sheets.
You should use the frameset DTD when your XHTML page will contain frames.
Go To Top
• Cascading Style Sheets – CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. Styles define how to display HTML elements. Styles were added to HTML 4.0 to solve a problem. External Style Sheets can save a lot of work. External Style Sheets are stored in CSS files. CSS defines HOW HTML elements are to be displayed. CSS allows us to create visual settings for our internet documents. CSS is not a tool to enrich the business or logical layers of websites. The main and only purpose of CSS is to enrich and give a better control to visual aspects such as page layout, page color, text and decorations and the like.
CSS also allows us to define different display of the same content in different situations. For example, using CSS it can be configured to display content differently in a browser or printed document. CSS also allows us to customize the way one reader or a group of readers will see our site according to various characteristics that we can define in advance.
For example if you want to change the background color of a page then CSS is as follows:
<h1>My CSS web page!</h1>
<p>HELLO! Welcome to webhostingcheap.net</p>
• Web graphics: Graphics are visual elements often used to point readers and viewers to particular information. They are also used to supplement text in an effort to aid readers in their understanding of a particular concept or make the concept more clear or interesting.
Graphics can be functional or artistic. The latter can be a recorded version, such as a photograph, or an interpretation by a scientist to highlight essential features, or an artist, in which case the distinction with imaginary graphics may become blurred. Web graphic design has been professed as the easiest and modern method for online connectedness, exploring other arenas of typography for designs. It uses visual arts, creative and cognitive skills, etc. for creating that quest to grouping. In primary events equal fluid publicity, competent illustration designs activity a better portrayal in determining the open soul for the kind.