- (May 14, 2018) Launched Namecheap easy payments, powered by Names.club for Startups and SME's to get keyword oriented domains accessible, add value and convenience. It adds finance option to 3,000+ premium domains, from the .CLUB, GMO and MMX registries priced at $5,000 or above. The current inventory includes names ending in .Club, .Shop, .Miami, .Boston, .Fit, .Fashion, .Work, .Beer, .Yoga and more. In search listing, a prominent ‘Finance' button and the monthly payment amount appears. At a low monthly fee, with no long-term obligation, a customer can reap its many benefits. An Entrepreneur can register a premium name for as little as $1,000 down and $66.66 per month for 60 months.
Names.club is a .CLUB gTLD registry and premium domain name sales and financing platform. It has sold more than 1.2 million domain names to date.
- (March 02, 2018) The company continued its long-term commitment to support Internet Freedom and Kicks Off 6th Annual Move Your Domain Day on March 6 Midnight EST. For 24 hours the company would offer domain transfers for only $3.98 and free private email and SSL for one year. Furthermore, the company would donate $1.50 to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), a leading organization to protect online freedom and digital civil rights.
Move Your Domain Day started in 2011 in response to the US Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), a bill many felt threatened people’s right to privacy, anti-censorship and a free and open Internet. Since that, the company raised more than $350,000 to support Internet freedom.
The company used its platform to raise awareness about other dangerous bills like the Protect IP Act (PIPA) as well as the continued battle to save Net Neutrality.
- (JULY 13, 2017) The company introduced Managed WordPress Hosting service and platform – EasyWP Beta. It helps customers to install WordPress with just a few simple clicks in less than 30 seconds, with no technical expertise required. The customers won't need to upload software, worry about DNS records, log into a cPanel, or deal with FTP.
- (March 31, 2017) After the Google announcement of its intention to discontinue the trusted status for Symantec SSLs on March 24th, 2017. For sites using Symantec, SSLs Google Chrome will stop displaying the ‘green bar' and flag them untrusted. Namecheap offers current Symantec customers to replace all single- or multi-domain SSL certificates with a free matching Comodo SSL covering the remaining time on their current SSL. This deal is valid for Symantec, GeoTrust, Thawte, RapidSSL single- or multi-domain SSL.
- Free SSL allow continuation of ‘trusted site status' on Google
- Namecheap introduces PremiumDNS powered by Verisign
- Customers will get 100% uptime with DNSSEC support for just $4.88 a year, and their domain will be secured against hackers.