The social media platforms attract most businesses for marketing and running digital campaigns. They are practical, inexpensive, allow creativity, and the maximum targeted consumers of their services or products are available. The companies posts content related to their services or products and encourage engagement with social followers. The companies run their social networking platforms to build web communities. It helps them connect individuals and businesses, allowing them to share information, ideas, and messages. Furthermore, create and increase brand recognition, promote products and services, and answer customer queries and concerns. Social media can capture and scatter user attention.
Social Network Hosting Software
The world's most advanced popular and prominent social network community software is used to build social networks, dating sites, and web communities. It's Open-source, independent, downloadable, scalable, customizable, full-featured, and free software. It is loaded with video chat, recorder, video player, forums, groups, events, video messenger, mailbox, desktop app, video sharing, photo sharing, iPhone app, and much more. It enables the users to create and maintain highly customizable profiles. The companies use these profiles to view and share events and content through their websites.
The software is easy to install from Softaculous.
It is an open-source mobile-friendly SocialCMS powers social sites in all languages, niches, and localities. It includes native mobile apps, and it enables the creation of customizable designs, texts, navigation, pages, blocks, actions, and permissions.
- Oxwall. Hosting. Flexible and easy to use PHP/MySQL community software platform
- Elgg. Hosting. Allows the creation of fully-featured social environments
- HumHub. Hosting
Social Media Networks
Around 4.2 billion active media users use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. With augmented reality (AR) & virtual reality (VR), these platforms have tremendously grown, offering users more engaging experiences.
- With 2.797 billion monthly active users as of January 2021, Facebook is the most popular social media network. Out of three active social users are Facebook users. Mark Zuckerberg launched Facebook to connect Harvard students on February 04, 2004.
- Facebook Messenger: 1.3 billion monthly active users
- The Six Degrees is the oldest still existing social media network developed in May 1997 is still widely considered.
Media Sharing Networks
- Instagram: 1.287 billion monthly active users with a primary focus on visual content has been the fastest growing social media platform for several years.
- YouTube: 2.291 billion monthly active users
- WhatsApp: 2 billion monthly active users
- Snapchat users can submit their best snaps to Spotlight, an entertainment platform that shares this kind of content from around the world. According to CNBC, Snapchat pays up to $1 million per day for content created on the platform
- Myspace was once the king of social media networks, especially from 2005 to 2008, where it serves over 100 million users monthly. It transitioned from social networking to become a curated music and entertainment site. As of 2019, the site boasted over 7 million monthly visits.
- Vero is a social media app that lets users post, share, and collects their favorite photos, links, videos, and music. The app requires registration through a working phone number, and the app asks for access to your contact lists and location.
- Triller is a short-social video app platform that allows users to create professional-looking original and creative videos to share the content with followers in seconds.
- TikTok, a video-sharing app labeled the most addictive social media platform, as the average person spends 12 hours and 12 minutes on the app per week. It has become the most downloaded social media app of 2020, with over 82 million downloads.
- WeChat, YouTube, QZone, Tumblr, Friendster, Pinterest
Reddit, Quora, Digg. Bebo (an acronym for blog early, blog often)
Bookmarking & Content Curation Networks
: Pinterest, Flipboard.
Consumer Review Networks
: Yelp, Zomato, TripAdvisor.