Techno-expert CyberCrimnals Activities
- Using deceptive or manipulative techniques steal money or bank account or credit card financial or personal information.
- Mislead the customers on phones or through emails claiming as company's or bank's legitimate staff and asking the details as part of a routine checkup. With the already available public information derived using social engineering, they ask a customer to confirm, and then deceptively or manipulatively asks the private information. The customer gets no idea ‘Who is calling?', the emails appear so realistic, that it encourages to click on a link or attachment. The links contain malicious software, which automatically starts downloading. Once they get access, they start malicious activities.
- Ransomware: The hackers often install ransomware and demands payment, if the customer wants access again or get computer unlocked.
- The cybercriminals attack not only individuals but also businesses, especially small companies. They extract vendor and customer data.
- Defame Websites: Exploit vulnerabilities and attack website. Nowadays, privacy enabled on domains, but the hackers, get the hosting company and other information from review website and directories. Few websites provide information about the employees, from where they collect data. The employees are in the direct use of company devices, and thus their information becomes an entry point in the organization or network.
- The cybercriminals use hacked or compromised emails to spread their mischievous activities. Thus, the reputation of the company comes on stake.
- If businesses do not provide security, it may be dangerous for its customers. If cybercriminals get access, they can alter or stolen data or cause potential financial loss.
- The company without protection stakes reputation and lose credibility and customers trust. Furthermore, may face lawsuits. In this highly competitive world, no business can afford losing customers, as your loss is an advantage to your rivals. Once, the company goes down, it then takes years to revive it again. It is well said, “Building takes time, but you can destroy in seconds.”