PHP is one of the most popular web development tools in use today, It is an open source and web scripting language that forms part of the LAMP web programming stack – the LAMP is an acronym that represents Linux, Apache, MySQL and of course PHP. The current edition of PHP is the PHP 5. PHP is a server-side scripting language designed to build dynamic web pages quickly and easily. PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor but originally it is the acronym for ‘Personal Home Page'.
- Open source: the fact that PHP is an open source program plays into its hands as it is able to integrate your projects into your website or intranet. A closed source program would make it difficult to achieve this. It also fits in seamlessly with other web programming tools.
- Cost effective – PHP brings down your web server hosting cost. PHP applications are best compatible with UNIX and Linux operating systems which are again open source, and free and bring down your deployment cost.
- Support all across the globe – PHP Developers is available all across the globe and you can find an enormous amount of support through forums and blogs on any issue with PHP web development. If that is not good enough for you, you can always hire a PHP developer.
- Code samples – one important feature of PHP is the availability of code samples, which is just as well for users not versed in coding. You will have free and readily available code samples that will make your work quite easy.
- Complex tasks – Another point in favor of PHP application program is its ability to handle mind-boggling chores with relative ease. Most programs –or even some of PHP’s previous editions – suffer in hard labor, but not PHP. This point is further reinforced by its ability to shift gears between different tasks without affecting quality.
- Run on all the major server platforms. It offers flexibility, scalability, and faster speed in comparison to other scripting languages being used to develop a website