The template is the face of a blog, and users enjoy reading from a properly designed template. Graphical representation of website determined by layout, colors, typefaces, graphics and other aspects that make site unique. With a bit knowledge of CSS and HTML, and by adjusting parameter settings through control panel environment, you can make your template unique. You can change colors, template width and a number of columns.
Features of Good Template
- Responsive: Web site adapts to different iPad, iPhone or Android Phone screen sizes.
- Proper Documentation: Developer provides the detailed documentation for replicating the demo site look.
- SEO-Friendly: A light and efficient template gets indexed well by search engines
- Output clean HTML and CSS: Efficient code and layout structure impact the efficiency of the website.
- Flexible Module System
- CCK Sytling: With built-in K2, you get styling for the component that matches the template style from the start.
- Standard Compliancy: Compatible with most of the browsers.
To View templates
Extensions -> Template Manager
There are 2 types of templates:
- Site Template (Front-end Presentation): To change the public look-n-feel of a website.
- Administrator Template (Back-end Presentation): To change administrator interface looks.
Already available Joomla Templates to enhance the website design.
- Free Templates: Provided by Joomla Community
- Commercial Templates: Premium templates, visit the table below for Joomla providers.