Use this property sheet to set all delivery and routing options. Settings are grouped into three categories: routing options, transmission options, and security options.
Transmissions Options, Local or Remote Queue
- Maximum Retries – Use this dialog box to determine how many times to re-send a message before the message is considered undeliverable. After the limit is reached, the message is returned to the sender with an NDR.
- Retry Interval – Use this dialog box to determine at what interval to re-send a message before the message is considered undeliverable.
- Maximum Hop Count – Use this dialog box to determine the maximum number of servers a message is routed through before being considered undeliverable.
- Fully Qualified Domain Name – Use this dialog box to clarify the address for use in message exchanger (MX).
- Smart Host – Use this dialog box to designate a server through which to route all outgoing messages.
- Masquerade Domain – Use this box to replace any local domain used in any From lines in the header, or Mail From lines in the protocol with a different domain name.
- Perform reverse DNS lookup on Incoming Messages – Select this check box to verify that the message originated from the computer and domain listed in the From field.
- Outbound Security – Click Outbound Security to choose the security method for outbound messages.