Share your valuable feedback, comments or suggestions on Dedicated Hosting Features
Dedicated Hosting Features
A dedicated hosting service, dedicated server, or managed hosting service is a type of Internet hosting where the client leases an entire server not shared with anyone. This is more flexible than shared hosting, as organizations have full control over the server(s), including choice of operating system, hardware, etc.
Server administration can usually be provided by the hosting company as an add-on service. In some cases, a dedicated server offers less overhead and a larger return on investment. Most often Dedicated servers housed in data centers, similar to collocation facilities, providing redundant power sources and HVAC systems.
In contrast to collocation, the server hardware owned by the provider and in some cases, they will provide support for your operating system or applications. With Dedicated Hosting, you can customize the server as you want. You should select a dedicated server hosting if your website requires customized options or your website needs dedicated resource due to the high amount of traffic.
Dedicated hosting offers many exciting features which are beneficial for your hosting business such as :
- Do not have to purchase own equipment
- Do not have to update/maintain equipment
- Can purchase a package based on own needs for Hard Disk Space and Data Transfer Allowance
- Usually, the standard features stated
- The servers are as fast, powerful and high-capacity as you purchase Scalability. Upgrading your server or adding a new server is easier and more cost-effective.
- Serial Console or KVM/IP: To gain access to a server if for some reason the user is unable to get in via normal means (e.g. ssh), and permits a server to be recovered from boot-time configuration faults, such as filesystem recovery.
- Control panel software provides an all-inclusive set of software applications, server applications, and automation tools that can be installed on a dedicated server. Control panels also include integration into web servers, database applications, programming languages, application deployment, server administration tasks, and include the ability to automate tasks via a web-based front end.
Most dedicated servers packaged with a control panel. They actually are web-based automation tools created to help automate the process of web site creation and server management.