Web hosting utilizing Python language are quite advance one. Python is rarely used general-purpose high-level programming language. It's designed objective accentuates code readability, and its syntax lets programmers to convey its concepts in few lines of code in comparison to similar languages.
Insight Shared Web Hosting
Shared hosting is a Web hosting in which the service provider utilizes one server for multiple Web sites. Moreover, each site has its own Internet domain name. Most Web hosting companies offers the facility of shared hosting.
Web hosting using Python Installation
Python interpreters are available for installation on many operating systems, allowing Python code execution on a wide variety of systems which makes it possible to go for web hosting easily on various systems. Using third party tools such as Py2exe or Pyinstaller, Python code can be packaged into implement alone executable programs for few of the most popular operating systems. Through which it allows the distribution of Python based software for use in environments without need of the installation of a Python interpreter.
Various options with Python web hosting
There are lots of options if a person is looking for Python hosting but some care is required to start it. He needs to be sure that he has selected the right plan and go deeply into the details of his preferred Python web hosting before he sign up to a long term hosting commitment. Python is ideal for web apps & is also adaptable. There are no limits to what it can do. It is ideal for web development because it’s fast to write & can be used in advanced & sophisticated applications. All kinds of companies, from Bittorrent to YouTube, have used or currently using Python, and it plays an important role in processing some of the most cutting edge scientific data on Earth at NASA and CERN. Its simplicity makes it an ideal choice for web apps as well. There is a myth that python web hosting services are slow. This is not true, what a person needs to do is, use it properly for using it in a way to gives quick support to related work requirement.
Drawbacks of Shared hosting
- If file permissions is not properly configured, then shared file systems might give other users or processes system access to that files.
- System performance may suffer if there are heavily-loaded systems.
- It has lack of root access that is why user-installed services cannot listen on well-known ports.
A list of shared hosting services that support Python
Shared, VPS, or Dedicated all of these hosts support Python. The thing which needs to look out for it, are whether they support common development tools on their servers or not, like – Git or Subversion.
- WebFaction is highly recommended by many Django and Python developers. It has fast servers, fantastic support and has regularly bleeding edge development tools. It was one of the first hosts which has officially supported Django when it came in the scenario.
- Dreamhost is one of the most popular shared hosts which support Python on the internet. It offers unlimited storage and bandwidth to its customers.
- Small Orange has tremendous support and it provides a wide range of plans which includes VPS and cloud hosting too.
You can use any of the shared hosting services which are above mentioned and you will be able to get good services in no time.