Before visualizing the concept of Cloud Computing Website Hosting we should be well known for the terms related to it that are: Cloud Computing and Website Hosting.
Cloud Computing :
The use of computing resources (hardware and software) that are sent as a service over a network (typically the Internet) is termed as Cloud Computing.
Website Hosting :
In our routine life when we are generally on the internet we open the website by typing its address in the browsers address bar we can fetch it from that computer where it is residing on our computer. Similarly, our website placed on a computer somewhere too. Thus, the process of envisioning our website on the internet is termed as Website Hosting. The Website Hosting Services are the most prevalent services. Website Hosting Services are more beneficial because they are a farm out, meaning that the physical location of the web server does not reside on the consumer’s principles.
Now we deal with our topic i.e. Cloud Computing Website Hosting.
Cloud Hosting is a form of Cloud Computing in which the end user can get access to shared physical resources – servers, networks, bandwidth and supporting infrastructure without the need to purchase, rent or install specific hardware themselves. Normally cloud hosting is hired to serve websites but it can support other enterprise functions and networks. In less technical language, Cloud Computing Website Hosting uses a number of servers all connected together (a cloud), and sites on the servers can use resources from all the servers in that cloud. Processing power, hard drives, and memory are shared. Servers can be easily added or removed as necessary, and if one server is down, sites use resources from other servers instead. Cloud services are free of physical, geographical and technological restraints and can access the same cloud service wherever the end-users are, across any device – mobile, desktop or tablet – as long as they have an internet connection.
These cloud services can be broken down into three tiers:
- IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service – offers access to a physical computing resource, including disk space on virtual servers and networks.
- PaaS – Platform as a Service – a platform including physical resource and operating systems together with the software (e.g., a solution stack) required to run a particular computing environment.
- SaaS – Software as a Service – the user simply has access to applications running on a cloud platform.
How does Cloud Hosting work
A cloud hosting service is typically provided from a load-balanced cluster server platform, while the data is stored in a SAN (Storage Area Network).
Cloud hosting providers measure compute cycles, an indicator which measures how much processing time applications require. This enables Cloud Hosting to be provided and owed as a part of a different service model than that used by other web hosting services. Clients pay for actual resources required.
Advantages Of Cloud Hosting
The advantages of Cloud Hosting are:
- Payment is incurred for only the resources we need.
- It provides good scalability. We can easily increase or decrease resources without moving sites to other servers.
- Servers can be set up immediately.
- It provides better uptime than other types of web hosting.
- It can handle the problem of Traffic spikes.
- If the servers are in different datacenters, datacenter problems can be less of a concern.
- As different technologies cannot be used together but Cloud Computing Website Hosting makes it possible to use them together.
- Hardware or software installation is not required for this type of hosting.
- The highest level of website performance guaranteed by multiple machines.
- Guaranteed server resources (CPU, RAM)
- No single point of failure
- It incurs low price and has substantial features.
Disadvantages Of Cloud Computing Website Hosting
The disadvantages of Cloud Computing Website Hosting are:
- Lack of root access means less control.
- Sites using Cloud Computing Website Hosting can still have downtime if the connections between servers aren't working.
- As a quite new service, it doesn't have a long track record.
- It isn't broadly offered or used.
Thus, Cloud Computing Website Hosting is a hosting service which is provided from a completely redundant, multi-server system, in which the resources are vigorously accessible and often virtualized.