Ministry implements AI & ML tools to get insights into MSME related issues and grievances for their quick and effective resolution;
AI & ML analytics can be seen at the “AI Corner” at the following link on Ministry’s champions portal.
The Ministry of MSME in a major initiative has onboarded the latest IT tools of Artificial Intelligence(AI) and Machine Learning (ML) for providing assistance and solutions to the issues of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). Ministry has implemented AI & ML on its robust Single Window System ‘Champions' which was launched by the Prime Minister on 1st June 2020. This multi-modal system has a portal at the virtual level and technology-equipped physical control rooms at around 69 locations in the country. It has emerged as one of the front-runner platforms for the MSMEs in a very short period.
Ministry of MSME has taken Covid-19 as a challenge and is converting it into an opportunity with futuristic interventions. In this difficult period, Ministry is not only whole-heartedly supporting the MSMEs and trying to convert this crisis into an opportunity, but is making them break their barriers, make a paradigm shift and become champions.
MSME Ministry further said that it is working aggressively to take the Nation and the MSMEs in the direction of Industry 4.0. They are not only adopting the technologies categorized as part of Industry 4.0 but are also encouraging the MSMEs to adopt the same. They are also helping the MSMEs to manufacture its essential and enabling products like sensors, motors, computer displays, and other animation technologies.
In this very sequence, as promised earlier, Ministry has implemented Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) on their Champions portal. Technology Company Intel is their partner in this journey. Intel has guided the Ministry for the last five months in implementing some of the tools of AI & ML which are ready for use from TODAY. Ministry has also said that Intel and its technology partner have implemented the entire domain of AI & ML at their Champions portal free of cost.
MSME Minister, Mr. Nitin Gadakari elaborated the work done by the Ministry in this direction during the AI Summit organized by Intel today. He specially thanked Intel and its partner for doing this service to India Pro-Bono. He also said that the entire concept and scope analysis and design have been done in-house in the Ministry with the help of NIC and under the guidance of the local team of Intel. He complimented these teams wholeheartedly.
• AI is the idea of making machines capable of thinking, acting, and learning like humans.
• It can enable machines to Learn, Adapt & Do which “Rule-based (MIS) Automations” cannot.
In this phase, as implemented TODAY:
1. AI has started giving the MSME Ministry social media insights relating to MSMEs for its policy action through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogs, Forums, and online News which were not available to us on a holistic basis;
2. Ministry says that till now, for grievance redressal, we were dependent on the complaints and data which comes to and through our CHAMPIONS portal. Now, we can know the pulse of the entire MSME Sector even without the stakeholders going to our portal;
3. Ministry officials say that now it will be possible to know the emotions of the people involved with or dependent on the MSME sector in real-time;
4. Moreover, AI tools present Data-driven insights that are easy to understand. They can slice and dice data in many ways which are not available in traditional tools of Information Management Systems (MIS);
5. This allows even our ordinary staff, not just specialists, to easily discover actionable points.
6. The data Analytics can be easily shared as real-time live-data links with the teams at Central (Hub level) and spokes of CHAMPIONS Control Rooms spread all over India, an officer said;
7. Ministry feels that from now onwards, the AI is going to do the tedious work of preparing data for analysis; thus, freeing up their human resources to engage in more productive work.
Ministry said that with this spirit and possibility, currently, they have started:
• Enabling and Optimizing their Champions portal with AI & Analytics technology to derive insights;
• This is helping them in understanding the issues in real-time which includes information intelligence and sentiment analysis based on widely available Social media and Online data.
This input & intervention will enhance our information resources on the one hand and free our human resources on the other, an official said.
Ministry of MSME also said that now the next phase is relatively easier for which the trial is on. The second phase would be directed towards real-time grievance redressal and management. This includes:
• Increasing the performance of control rooms & officers through AI-enabled ChatBots for faster response to the query of portal users;
• Give Real-time, detailed analytics across the entire workflow of its single window system and grievance redressal through Champions portal for effective resolution and greater stakeholder satisfaction.
Source: Press Release
Release ID: 1664442
Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
Date: October 14, 2020