WordPress Built-in Features
The WordPress widgets offer options to customize the look of the website. The availability of different widgets options which include primary side, secondary sidebar, home-top, home-middle, home-bottom, footer 1, 2,3, and after entry depends on the theme activated on the website.
The Primary sidebar mostly available in all the posts and pages unless un-set is customized to contain the links, which business believes to generate sales. The business products or services banners or photographs or illustrations are also added to show the visitors, what he/she is actually for, before clicking on them, which takes them to the specific landing page. The primary sidebar in some websites also contain the top lists of products or services which business offers. Sometimes, it includes a list of famous books, their author names and a brief description of them.
A text-widget used to describe in brief about services or products or important announcements, new offers or discounts or promotions with buttons which lead to the purchase payment gateway page. Some website owners also put taglines or advise the visitors for the usage of the website.
Blog subscription – WordPress Built-in Features
Other Important WordPress Built-in Features
- Akismet widget: displays the number of spam comments Akismet has caught
- Calendar: A calendar of site's posts
- Categories: A list or dropdown of categories
- Video: Displays a video from the media library or from YouTube, Vimeo or other providers
- Top Posts and Pages: Shows most viewed posts and Pages
- Search: A search form for website
- Gallery: displays an image gallery
- Cookies and Content Banner: Displays a banner for EU cookie law and GDPR compliance
- Recent comments: Displays site's most recent comments
- Recent Posts: Displays site's most recent posts