What to ask when choosing a Web hosting service for an online presence?
Choosing a reliable web host is one of the more important decisions you’ll make for your business. Promote service, products, or business online to increase income depends on your website being available to customers. Do the research, before choosing hosting company packages for an online presence.
Here are some questions to ask when choosing your hosting company:
- Can you host multiple domains? If you’re just starting your online business, you may think this doesn’t apply to you. However, as your business grows, there is a stronger possibility of you adding complementary websites. It’s better to find out if the host will provide for your business growth.
- How much bandwidth and web space given? Bandwidth refers to some bytes transferred from your site to visitors when they browse your site. Large sites with active user communities need considerably more than brochure-style, static websites.
- How much has technical support given? Ask what type of tech support is available. No matter how much preparation and planning involved. Servers do fail, sites go offline temporarily, and other tech problems crop up.
- What kind of spam filtering services does web host provide?
- What are other features available?
In addition to hosting your site, the user-friendly control panel allows administering your web space without outside help. A good host offers a webmaster service and administrative tools. The customers do not have the time, technical skills or desire to do it themselves.
If you have a small personal website devoted to family news or a favorite hobby, you'll probably be happy with a free web hosting provider such as Freeservers. Ads usually support free web hosting companies, however, so they aren't the best choice for business websites.