Joomla Hosting runs every of your application.
Informative Joomla Hosting
In order to understand Joomla hosting, you need what exactly is Joomla. In simple words, Joomla is an open source content management system that helps you to create brilliant websites with potent online applications. Now, what is a content management system or a CMS as it is better known as?
Well, in short, a CMS is a way to organise, manage and publish content on your website. One important thing which has to be added to this is that for managing CMS you don’t need to be a technical guru. It can be handled without any technical know-how.
Websites Using Joomla Hosting
Coming back to Joomla hosting once again you may ask as to what kind of websites can run on this application? The answer is many like government applications, small business sites; e-commerce sites, online magazines; NGO websites, church websites, corporate websites and their intranets as well as extranets can e designed on this platform.
A few from the many are like Outdoor Photographer (Magazine), MTV Networks Quizilla (Social networking), The Green Maven (Eco-resources), Harvard University (Educational), PlayShakespeare.com (Cultural) and Senso Interiors (Furniture design).
It is quite interesting to know that even web developers prefer using Joomla hosting over any other hosting service if they have a choice to make. Although initially, they were very skeptical about using Joomla as support was a major worry. However these days Joomla has become one of the most widely used hosting open source hosting applications. For this, the community has grown and nowadays has a large group of contributors as well as developers to provide complete support to its users. Hence in a way, it can be stated that they have a long way of working on their own limitations. This is a significant reason why Joomla hosting has developed and gripped over the world.
Latest Version: 3.8.2
Customers: High demand in Europe
Downloads: 80+ million
Target Customers: Small to Large Businesses
Joomla Hosting Conclusion:
At this instant, you may ask that is there any benefit of using Joomla as a host? The riposte is yes, there are many and not a few to count on. Being an open source application, it offers a lot of features which are easily downloadable and are actually free! This makes it cost effective for any business house, big or small and also for individuals. Joomla has a great layout and certainly is more secured in comparison to the rest of open source applications. This takes the burden off your chest had you been worried about security issues.
Again it is a user-friendly application for which the learning curve of any user is less. This means you will not have to spend too many hours into learning about the tools of Joomla. It has been observed that Joomla has 2100 extensions which are why hosting on this platform becomes total fun and those who see it also can navigate easily through the pages of a website for this. This is why it can support any kind of multimedia file and is Joomla is very friendly with MySQL too. All this make Joomla hosting one of the best in the business without a doubt.
An open source CMS framework in the IT industry use by many businesses, news, e-commerce and educational websites.
New York-based Non-profit company, Open Source Matters Inc., is behind the Joomla! CMS and is a market leader in the modern digital content publishing industry.
It brings modern, user-friendly digital platforms for content authoring and publication on the web and in digital media.
With over 76 million downloads, Joomla is a market leader in the modern digital content publishing industry.
If we say Joomla is world's second favorite content management system, then everybody will start thinking “Which is first? That is obvious”.
WordPress leads Open Source CMS, with more than 140 million downloads.
Features – Joomla Hosting
- Joomla downloaded more than 75 million times.
- Sites like Linux.com, GE (General Electric), McDonald's are running it.
- It has a more stable and robust core system to handle larger content delivery websites
- Features like an update, edit, add, delete, and publish content on the website are available.
- Open Source Content Management System (CMS), easy to install and setup
- Thousands of extensions and templates available through a dedicated catalog of resources – Joomla Extension Directory (JED).
- Multi-lingual system and supports 68 languages for the core CMS. Core translations and many other extension developers use the Transifex translation platform to permit secure contributions to expanding this international reach.
- Items listed are identified and appropriately maintained and licensed by an active volunteer team, who also works with the volunteer Joomla Vulnerability Extensions List team.
Benefits – Joomla Hosting
- Business process integrations – Beneficial For Developing Business Websites and gaining popularity in Web Development Industry. Due to its highly cost-effective and enticing features, it is a choice for e-commerce businesses.
- Awesome CMS functions – Can efficiently and conveniently manage the web content and developers can create an interactive user interface.
- Customization friendliness – Joomla is free to use, and customization features are also available free or at a very affordable price. It comes with a lot of templates and plugins, which as per requirement can set on a website.
- Massive Community Support – Thousands of members debug and tweak Joomla for making it better, secure, and robust.
- Update Notification: Email sent to administrators with update notification plugin periodically check available updates and bug fixes.
Latest News – Joomla Hosting
- Joomla 3.6.4, released: Joomla patched two account creation flaw, which is exploited by attackers for hacking activity. The flaw allows a creation of an account with elevated privilege, even if the account registration is disabled. Website owners should check their dashboard for a newly created account and access logs for requests that contain a “task=user.register” pattern.
- (VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 10, 2016) The Joomla World Conference JWC takes place during November 11-13, 2016, at the Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel in downtown Vancouver, BC.
- Web developers and marketing professionals from around the world joined it. Keynote speakers at the event are Google, Hubspot, the Digital Services Manager Tadhg Healy from the city of Vancouver, and resident local UX expert Steve Fisher.
- In 2015, JWC in Bangalore, India, Mexico, 2013, in Boston and 2012, JWC in San Jose, CA, focused on web development and content management systems
CSSChopper, a recognized Joomla web development Firm which converts PSD to Joomla. Company provides latest features to cater full-fledged solutions, proficient program to build website and also gives assurance of satisfying outcomes. Technical team goes through testing procedure to fulfill each requirement of clients. Conversion enhances visibility of a website and brings it at the top position on various search engines. It makes website more users friendly and interactive. All types of website designing needs can be fulfilled with the best PSD to Joomla conversion. By this interactive website visitors are easily convert into prospective customers.
Akamai Technologies, Inc has given advisory alert that Google maps plugin for Joomla is being targeted by new DdoS attacks and tools. This vulnerability allows plugin to act as a proxy to hide attacker identify. A proxy is an intermediary server which executes and returns the result on behalf of unknown users. Attackers make the fake request and sent it from proxy server to someone else. Company gave this report via its Prolexic Security Engineering & Research Team (PLXsert) in collaboration with PhishLabs’ R.A.I.D. Experts matches DDoS signature traffic originating from multiple Joomla sites that indicates threat installations are being used. PLXsert shares its analysis and details, including:
* Use of the GET flood in Joomla reflection
* What to look for: Three sample payloads
* Attacks from the DAVOSET DDoS tool
* Attacks from the UFONet DDoS tool
* GET flood requests observed during an attack
* Geographical distribution of source traffic
If you ask for ranking the 3 CMS for website, then it would be Drupal, Joomla and then WordPress. Joomla is on 3% of the websites. Version 3.4 of the Joomla is released with better Front-end Module Editing, updated reCAPTCHA plugin and more consistency.