Hosting Review OVH
Company Introduction – Hosting Review OVH
Key Selling Points – Hosting Review OVH
A global provider of the hyperscale cloud.
- Third largest infrastructure cloud provider in the world based on physical services.
- Topmost and cheapest VPS and dedicated server provider
- The company designs and builds its servers and owns thousands of miles of fiber globally. It manages the entire supply chain for web hosting
- Offer an infrastructure-as-a-service using bare-metal cloud and hosted private cloud products
- No. 1 web hosting company in France and second-largest in Europe.
- Recommended for its CMS, e-commerce, flexible control panel, hosting options and reliance.
- By default customers, websites encrypted with free SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) authorized by the open-source Let’s Encrypt authority. It is provided as a part of standard web hosting packages.
- The ISO 27001 certification, attributed to the OVH Private Cloud
CEO & Chairman: Octave Klaba
- 27 data centers in 19 countries
- more than 260,000 servers in 11 countries. Data centers located in Poland, Warsaw
Services Offered – Hosting Review OVH
VPS Solutions, dedicated servers, shared and cloud hosting, domain registration, and VoIP or xDSL services, Public Cloud service, dedicated infrastructure
Enterprise Dedicated Cloud
- Built on the foundation of VMware's software-defined data center and the latest generation of Intel hardware
- It offers physically-isolated, single-tenant cloud environments for enterprise workloads
- one-click, user-controlled provisioning. Enterprise can add and remove resources as need changes.
Other Services Offered: World-class security and anti-DDoS protection to all customers free of charge
VPS Classic: on Linux, with 64-bit OpenVZ virtualisation. It features 1- 4 vCore CPU, 1 – 8GB RAM, 10 – 100GB RAID 10 hard drive, up to 10TB data transfer. Also, 1 IPv4 and 1 IPv6 IP address KVM, Restful API, default web control panel, full root access. Furthermore, unlimited reboot and reinstallation at any time and weekly backup.
VPS Cloud: on both Linux and Windows
VMware HCX hybridity technology: It would give high-performance Dedicated Server, Public Cloud, and network product lines, as solutions offered on proprietary, next-generation hardware and software.
VMware Hybrid Cloud Services
The company partnered with industry leaders to provide best-of-breed disaster recovery software options via VMware vSphere Replication™, Zerto®, or VMware HCX technologies
OVH Dedicated trio plans: Enterprise, Hosting and Infrastructure. It offers boosted RAM and CPU, 256 IPs with no monthly fees. Furthermore, Licenses Windows and various panel licenses, 256 IPs with no monthly fees, vRack and network included
- HDS certification (for hosting health data) and PCI DSS (obligatory for managing any banking data).
GPU on Virtual Cloud Desktop for using high-performance graphics applications.
- Open sourcing of OVH tools (customer Control Panel, virtual assistant, CDS, OVH Labs), in a drive for continuous improvement
Hosting Review OVH – Customers
No. of Customers: 1.2 million customers in 138 countries
Target Customers: Developers, SME's, Enterprises
What about Customers?
- Powerful, competitive and flexible plans. The company offers businesses a benchmark for value and performance
- high-performance servers for handling critical data
- Services protected by physical and logical security systems, including the company's anti-DDoS system. Security: New authentication level, the YubiKey, based on the FIDO U2F
- Stable connections, the users face low latency rates.
- The data center uses the air-and-water cooling system, instead of air-conditioning. Thus, reducing energy cost and translates into lower hosting cost.
- Security includes 24-hour backup and snapshots along with data monitoring and reports.
- No binding and long-term contracts to restrain customers to select and choose the best provider.
- Provides simple, powerful tools for businesses
- Support companies looking for a flexible and scalable infrastructure based on the public, private or hybrid solution
- Open Cloud Vision: The company committed to open cloud that respects both data and customers
- Hybrid Cloud (HCX) technology Allows customers to use “hot” migration of virtual machines from one datacentre to another or even from their infrastructure, without any service interruptions.
Support: 24.7.365 with 5 minutes response time through phone and email
Money-Back Guarantee: – (NA)
Latest News – Hosting Review OVH
- (November 20, 2017) Announced new hosted private cloud offerings with significantly enhanced cloud workload flexibility and portability
- (September 11, 2017) Cloud Provider OVH takes on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud platform to enter in the US
- (August 10, 2017) Launched Public Cloud service in Warsaw, based on the provider's external infrastructure, encompassing computing power and disk space with on-demand services. An hourly billing option offered, starting at EUR 0.056 an hour-plus VAT. Compatible with OpenStack technologies, the service allows fast and automatic migration. It would broaden the products range of dedicated servers and VPS SSD.
- (April 2017) Acquired vCloud Air business from VMware. It would enable company's entry into the US market.
- OVH will be investing $47 million to establish its first U.S. data center. Also, North American headquarters, in Fauquier County, Va.
- The company has set up shop in Equinix's Sydney data center.
- OVH is gearing up to launch its first availability zone in Sydney, Australia.
- It has set up an office in Melbourne and Singapore in one of Telstra's new data centers.